There’s been ample talk of insurrection as of late, and on Friday, sports journalist Jason Whitlock continued the trend.
But — as noted by The Daily Caller — Jason’s got a notably different take: It’s Democrats who are the insurrectionists.
You heard o’ this before?
Appearing on Tucker Carlson Tonight, Whitlock was locked and loaded:
“They’re distracting everybody with claims of…racism while they try to usher in socialism, Marxism, and make this country very secular. That is what’s going on.”
There are certainly generous amounts of race-reference buzzin’ round..
A few recent stories:
- ACLU Attorney Nails the ‘White Supremacy’ of Cisgender Sports, Says an Infant’s Sex is Not ‘Easily Identifiable’
- Ruff on Racism: NBC Contributor Says Trump’s Claims of Election Fraud Are Dog Whistles to White Supremacists
- Cartoon Network Releases a PSA Schooling Kids on America’s Systemic Racism Against Non-Whites
- Seattle Tells Its White Teachers to ‘Bankrupt’ Their Privilege and Acknowledge Their ‘Thieved Inheritance’
- Three Musical Acts Refuse Their Own Grammy Nominations Because They’re White
- Public School District Offers Free ‘Antiracist Therapy’ for White Teachers
- Hillary Seconds a Second Impeachment, But It Won’t Unseat White Supremacy
- College Admission Service Condemns ‘Stark Differences’ Between the Treatment of White Insurrectionists and Black Protestors
- ‘What the–?’ Tucker Responds to Congressman Questioning the Allegiance of White Male National Guard Members
Congressionally, there’s also been tremendous talk of terror in the House — and not just from January 6th.
Just days ago, Speaker Nancy fingered an ‘enemy within’ as — per Pelosi — “[W]e have members of Congress that want to bring guns on the floor and have threatened violence on other members of Congress.”
And there was this:
In response to @tedcruz tweet, @AOC tweeted that she wouldn't work with him because he tried to have her murdered three weeks ago, referring to his role in the Capitol insurrection https://t.co/2d1JwOHYPO
— CBS Austin (@cbsaustin) January 29, 2021
Jason thinks it’s all
“[T]hey’re using race and identity politics as a distraction from the real agenda. AOC and others don’t believe in the founding principles of this country. They don’t believe in the Declaration of Independence. They don’t believe in the Constitution. They don’t believe in the Emancipation Proclamation. They don’t believe in what we accomplished in the civil rights movement under the leadership of Martin Luther King.”
Jason Whitlock: "[The left] are the insurrectionists … the ones trying to take this country in a very dangerous direction. They are distracting everybody with claims of race and racism while they try to usher in socialism, Marxism, and make this country very secular." 🔥 🔥 pic.twitter.com/Ny5n9kyTY7
— Scott Morefield (@SKMorefield) January 30, 2021
According to Whitlock, the nation was founded upon Christian principles which were responsible for abolishing slavery.
Christian beliefs, he said, “brought freedom to all Americans and laws that protected all of our freedoms.”
The Caller recalls:
Whitlock said the left-wing Democrats like to focus on race and racism by “calling white people racist” and black people who don’t support that agenda “an Uncle Tom.” He noted that those who believe in America’s “founding principles” and reject a “new America” that embraces globalism are dismissed as “the bad guys.”
To Jason, this is all destructive:
“It’s not going to make things better. We are already seeing the evidence: It makes us worse. It has us at each other’s throats. It has us at the brink of destabilization.”
“They are the insurrectionists. They are the ones trying to take this country (in) a very dangerous direction.”
See more pieces from me:
Find all my RedState work here.
Thank you for reading! Please sound off in the Comments section below.