Welcome to week TWENTY of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan. The total number of confirmed cases: 73,663 which is a 483 person increase from the previous day. Deaths: 6,119 total deceased which is a 2 person increase from the previous day.
*Currently 8.3% of those who have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 91.7%. (This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those who have tested positive.)
*The state is reporting that only 55,162 have recovered from COVID-19 since July 17th.
*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex:
47% are Men
53% are Women
*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex:
52% of Men (change of 0% from the previous day)
47% of Women (change of 0% from the previous day)
**At the suggestion of a reader of these posts, I will also be combining Wayne, Oakland and Macomb County totals being that is the bulk of Metro Detroit.**
*Combined tri-county area ( including Detroit) number of cases confirmed 42,018 which accounts for 57.0% of the cases in the state.
*Combined tri-county area ( including Detroit) number of deaths confirmed 4,628 which accounts for 75.6% of the deaths in the state.
*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 23,827 cases or 32.3% of the total in the state.
*Detroit and Wayne County account for 2,659 of the deaths in the state which are 43.4% of the current total in the state.
The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.