Just the Facts: Michigan COVID-19 Numbers for Saturday 25th

(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio, File)

Welcome to week SEVEN of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan

*The total number of confirmed cases: 37,203 which is a 562 person increase from the previous day.

*Deaths: 3,274 total deceased which is a 189 person increase from the previous day. According to Fox 2 Detroit 58 of those deaths happened earlier and are now being counted.

*Currently 8.8% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 91.2%. ( This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those that have tested positive.)

*The state is reporting that only 8,342 have recovered from COVID-19 since April 24th.

*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex

45% are Men

54% are Women

1% Unknown

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex

55% of Men (change of 0 from the previous day)

45% of Women (change of 0 from the previous day)

*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 15,548 cases or 41.8% of the total in the state.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 1.560 of the deaths in the state which are 48% of the current total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.