Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
It was our holiday extravaganza!!! Which…means we talked about holiday-related junk. Brad and Sarah invited broadcast professional Grouchy, from the Conservative Curmudgeon show, lending some of his experienced professional broadcast touches.
We discussed some of the ways the left was targeting traditional Christmas touchpoints, making a mountain out of a snow mound. A small debate flared, whether to ignore them or throw the cold hard facts right in their fat faces! (Sarah voted for the former, Brad the latter — shocker indeed.)
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “Baby It’s Cold Outside” — Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban
- We kicked around the gang to discuss our favorite holiday entertainments. Sarah was peer-pressured into watching the Jim Henson classic “Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas.
- There was what has now become the annual tradition of complaints against the song “Baby It’s Cold Outside”. The facts behind the song should shut up the cranks.
- We also took on the complaints about Charlie Brown, and the bullying on “Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer”.
- One other complaint has been about the supposed need for a gender-neutral Santa Claus. The fact that the character is rooted in a real life individual makes this goal rather difficult to come by.
- Brad gave a brief review of the new Kurt Russell Santa movie on NetFlix.
- Keith Richards has rocked the music industry as the 75 year old has announced it is time for him to give up drinking. Good thing — that stuff was bound to catch up with him!!
- A new sexual harassment scandal was turned up at CBS with a hush-money payment made to the actress Eliza Dushku, continuing the issues at the network.
Sarah and Brad want to wish everyone the happiest of Holidays!! (Except for Julia Ioffe, because we do not want to offend her!)
for more insightful ridiculousness, follow us: