Just the Facts: Michigan COVID-19 Numbers for Sunday 26th

Michigan Democratic gubernatorial candidate Gretchen Whitmer walks on Livernois Ave. as she tours the area with Mayor Mike Duggan, Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018, in Detroit. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)

Welcome to week EIGHT of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan

*The total number of confirmed cases: 37,778 which is a 575 person increase from the previous day.

*Deaths: 3,315 total deceased which is a 41 person increase from the previous day.

*Currently 8.8% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 91.2%. (This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those that have tested positive.)

*The state is reporting that only 8,342 have recovered from COVID-19 since April 24th.

*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex

45% are Men

54% are Women

1% Unknown

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex

55% of Men (change of 0 from the previous day)

45% of Women (change of 0 from the previous day)

*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 15,748 cases or 41.7% of the total in the state.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 1,580 of the deaths in the state which are 48% of the current total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.