As we plod through Day Three of the Great Impeachment Scam, if you watch you can observe that Democrats are beginning to show the sure signs of entering into the famous Kübler-Ross model, or the five stages of grief. These are the stages that terminally ill patients and their families move through from getting the fatal diagnosis to death. Via Wikipedia
- Denial – The first reaction is denial. In this stage, individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
- Anger – When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: “Why me? It’s not fair!”; “How can this happen to me?”; “Who is to blame?”; “Why would this happen?”.
- Bargaining – The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise. Examples include the terminally ill person who “negotiates with God” to attend a daughter’s wedding or an attempt to bargain for more time to live in exchange for a reformed lifestyle.
- Depression – “I’m so sad, why bother with anything?”; “I’m going to die soon, so what’s the point?”; “I miss my loved one; why go on?”
During the fourth stage, the individual despairs at the recognition of their mortality. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.
- Acceptance – “It’s going to be okay.”; “I can’t fight it; I may as well prepare for it.”
In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.
In this case, the Democrats are not facing a terminal illness but they are coming to grips with the reality that the power they exerted on the process in the House is dead.
Some of them started off in Anger
— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) January 19, 2020
Some started off in Denial
When some Democrats moved on to Bargaining
NEW: Some Senate Dems privately mull Biden-for-Bolton trade in impeachment trial, w/ interest in calling the GOP's bluff on "witness reciprocity" percolating behind closed doors.
— Rachael Bade (@rachaelmbade) January 22, 2020
they were dragged back to Denial by clowns like Adam Schiff and Chuck Schumer who seem to be under the delusion that they actually have a vote in this decision
REPORTER: Are you open to … a witness exchange?
SCHIFF: This isn’t like some fantasy football trade … They want to use this trial to smear the Bidens. That’s not the purpose of the trial and the senators should not allow it to be abused in that way.https://t.co/UmO2UHRrMx pic.twitter.com/Q9Hn3MixC2
— JM Rieger (@RiegerReport) January 22, 2020
NEW: Chuck Schumer said the idea of a "witness trade" that involves calling Hunter Biden in exchange for John Bolton is "off the table." https://t.co/DkzwObGHSK
— Axios (@axios) January 22, 2020
As a refresher, all it takes is 51 GOP votes to call whomsoever they wish…or not call them.
There are signs, though, that others have made the transition to Acceptance
“Goodnight,” @SenFeinstein said to me and @jenhab as she exited the Senate at 8:45 pm.
She left under the carriage entrance into an awaiting car.
There was almost an hour left on Wednesday night’s impeachment trial. https://t.co/7E1woQ0ENT
— Paul Kane (@pkcapitol) January 23, 2020
All tongue-in-cheek aside, this is a once-in-a-generation chance to totally crush the progressive wing of the Democrat party. Every effort should be made to conduct this trial in a way that heaps the maximum amount of abuse and
indignity–strike that, these clowns have no dignity to begin with–opprobrium on the heads of the House ‘impeachment managers.’ They need to leave this experience chastened and humiliated and not anxious to ever do it again.