Tucker Carlson Is Still Getting the Last Laugh as He Launches an Ad Deal With PublicSq.

Twitter/@TuckerCarlson

Tucker Carlson appears to be getting the last laugh in the wake of his abrupt dismissal by Fox News. On Friday, Carlson headlined Blaze Media’s Family Leadership Summit in Iowa, where he interviewed most of the 2024 Republican presidential contenders (except Donald J. Trump and Chris Christie) as only Carlson, in his inimitable style, could. Then on Saturday, he lit up Turning Point’s ACTCON in Florida by giving a speech that pretty much divested former Vice President Mike Pence of any presidential hopes and gave his hot take on the White House cocaine conundrum.

Advertisement

So, it is apparent that Tucker’s fire and juice have only increased since his unceremonious firing by the network. It’s pretty clear that Fox News may be missing him (in terms of their ratings), but Tucker Carlson is most definitely not missing Fox News. He has moved on, in every sense of the word, and is already building his own media empire. As my colleague Nick Arama reported Friday, Carlson and his Daily Caller partner Neil Patel are mounting a new media enterprise and raising funds from interested investors. It would follow the model of Twitter and Substack, offering paid subscriptions for longer and specialty content, even from other personalities and hosts.

According to the Daily Mail U.K., part of this new media empire involves a commercial ad partnership with conservative marketplace PublicSq.

Carlson launched his free Twitter show shortly after his ouster.

It is unclear exactly how much he makes from his once-a-week episodes, but his most recent episode was viewed more than 92.2million times.

If he is backed by ads bought at a rate of $4 for every 1,000 views, that means Carlson made $368,800 for that one episode.

If Carlson could keep up that pace, he would make $19.1million this year.

And if Twitter took the standard 20 percent ad commission, Carlson would still make $95.8million.

PublicSq marked a perfect opportunity to earn some of that money as it prepares to go public later this month.

It markets itself as a patriotic, America-first alternative to Amazon.

The company is being backed by conservative bigwigs including Donald Trump Jr. and former Senate candidate Blake Masters.

Last week, its leadership and top financiers discussed its investment strategy for getting more donors in the door by focusing on the company’s conservative ‘parallel economy,’ they say sets itself apart from other online marketplaces.

The company is the ‘foundation of this new economy,’ said Malik – who moved from New York to Florida to try and escape the country’s political and cultural divisions.

Advertisement

This comes on the heels of PublicSq‘s conversion to a publicly traded company on Thursday, July 20. Omeed Malik is the CEO of the company backing PublicSq’s stock offering. According to the Daily Mail, Malik also plans to sink money into Carlson’s venture through his private investment firm, 1789 Capital. 1789 Capital focuses its investments on companies and firms that support deglobalization and Anti-ESG initiatives. The ad deal is being inked through Carlson’s team and PublicSq directly.

What of the lawsuit lodged by Fox News alleging that Carlson, in jump-starting his media presentation with his Tucker on Twitter program, has breached the non-compete clause of his contract, which was slated to end in 2025? It seems the organization continues to double down in pursuing its claims against Carlson.

In a letter to Carlson’s representatives, FOX lawyers argued that under his contract Carlson’s ‘services shall be completely exclusive to Fox.’

It adds that Carlson’s contract says he is ‘prohibited from rendering services of any type whatsoever, whether ‘over the internet via streaming or similar distribution, or other digital distribution whether now known or hereafter devised.’

Carlson’s lawyers, however, claim the network is violating Carlson’s First Amendment right to Free Speech.

Advertisement

While they attempt to get blood from a turnip, Fox News is seemingly bending over on lawsuits filed against them by Ray Epps and former Fox News producer Abby Grossberg, while attempting to recapture its audience share that left when they fired Carlson. While making the claim of a new Primetime lineup, it is essentially a retread of the same old faces. Faces that, save for one, rode Carlson’s coattails into ratings glory.

Good luck with that, Fox.

Sponsored

Recommended

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos