Fox Reportedly Boots Remaining Tucker Carlson Staff, but He's Planning to Get the Last Laugh

Twitter/@TuckerCarlson

I don’t know what Fox is thinking, considering how they have treated Tucker Carlson and his team. You drop your most popular host in a way that just antagonizes your viewers and shows no loyalty for all he has brought to the network.

Advertisement

Now, Fox is reportedly showing that same attitude toward the remaining people who had worked for Carlson but who were still working for the network until Friday.

According to Chadwick Moore, Carlson’s biographer, the remaining nine people who worked on Carlson’s show were going to be “frog marched” out of the building tonight after they finished the show on Friday. One former Carlson producer called it “Degrading!” Here’s the email that those people allegedly got:

What’s the point in that besides trying to humiliate them? Do they think these people were going to do anything? That’s just treating your employees so poorly. Again, does Fox still want viewers? Because that’s not going to go over well with the folks who are already mad at them for cutting Tucker.

But Carlson may have the last laugh, as may the people who worked for him. We reported before that Carlson was working on the idea of starting a new media venture and now there are a lot more details.

Advertisement

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson and former White House adviser Neil Patel are raising funds for a new media company that likely would use Twitter as its foundation, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.

People familiar with the matter told the Journal the new company would run on subscriptions for longer versions of the free videos Carlson has been posting on Twitter for free since he was ousted from Fox News earlier this year.

The shorter videos will still be available for free for users on Twitter and other platforms, with subscriptions required for the longer videos in their entirety, people told the Wall Street Journal. [….]

Carlson and Patel are reportedly seeking to raise hundreds of millions of dollars in funding for the company. The pair founded the conservative publication The Daily Caller in 2010 and were roommates at Trinity College in Hartford, Conn.

People familiar with the new project said Carlson’s team recently met with Twitter to talk over the endeavor, which would feature a website and mobile app and potentially air on other platforms beyond Twitter.

They’re looking to raise hundreds of millions of dollars and the word is they already have lined up some financial backers.

Fox sent Carlson a cease and desist letter, claiming he’s still under contract with them. But Carlson’s lawyer Harmeet Dhillon said he would “not be silenced by anyone.”

Advertisement

Carlson has already shown the power he has during his interviews with 2024 Republican candidates at the Family Leadership Summit. His interviewing them made it interesting because he was free to ask what he wanted and not hold back. I think it’s fair to say such a subscription show would be very popular and likely do better than whatever Fox might be putting out in place of Carlson. Word is also that some of the former employees would be joining Carlson in whatever he ultimately creates. So it looks like they might be better off as well.

Sponsored

Recommended

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos