- Strange but heartwarming: Guy’s daughter is bummed she can’t trick-or-treat because they’re on a transcon flight. He brings candy and asks rest of passengers to help. Good time had by all.
- This election’s in the crapper, literally: A New Hampshire farm-stand owner’s turned his outhouse into a mock polling booth. Hillary gets the turd vote…
- Want a more sanitary way to voice your opinion? Take your best swing at the candidates on a Longview, Texas driving range.
- Our hero earlier in the week who did a Return To Sender with crap at a Dem HQ? Third degree midemeanor charges… he did it in 2012 too.
This Week In History
- Sunday, 10/30: Nat Turner’s Rebellion, 1831; Wells & Welles’s “War of the Worlds” radio-drama panic, 1938; Marines repel Viet Cong attack on Da Nang, 1965
- Monday, 10/31: Nevada statehood, 1864; Lincoln Highway dedicated, 1913; Mt. Rushmore completed, 1941; F4U Corsair performs first radar-guided air intercept, 1943
- Tuesday, 11/1: Stamp Act imposed, 1765; massive carrier air-raid on Japanese stronghold at Rabaul, 1943; first H-bomb tested, 1952
- Wednesday, 11/2: Dakotas statehoods, 1889; Hughes’s “Spruce Goose” flies, 1947; Congressional hearing on quiz-show scandal, 1959
- Thursday, 11/3: Continental Army disbanded, 1783; Black Bart’s last stagecoach robbery, 1883; Nixon’s “Silent Majority” speech, 1969
- Friday, 11/4: Battle of Johnsonville, 1864; NSA established, 1952; Iranian terrorists invade US Embassy, 1979
- Saturday, 11/5: Lincoln sacks McClellan, 1862; George Selden awarded first US auto patent, 1895; Android cellphone/tablet OS launched, 2007
Today’s Birthdays: Frontiersman Daniel Boone, 1734; Pres. Warren G. Harding, 1865; airman-author Dale Brown, 1956; Gov. Scott Walker, 1967
Holidays Around the World: For Roman Catholics and Anglicans it’s All Souls’ Day, and Mexico’s observing the second day of Dio de los Muertos.
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for a Rock Island .22TCM/9mm 1911, Sig-Sauer P320RX pistol or SIG716 DMR G2 precision rifle package: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for a Mossberg Patriot .375 rifle, Ruger Hawkeye rile or RIA TCM 1911 package: http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for an RIA .22TCM/9mm 1911 (creepy, three of these being given away at the same time) or M22 .22TCM rifle: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- GrabAGun, for an Adams Arms Agency AR15: http://grabagun.com/giveaway
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry.
Quote of the Day
On the lack of substance in so much of socciety today including our Presidential nominees:
The world is governed more by appearances than realities, so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it.–Daniel Webster
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. Hope you found something tasty to whet your appetite, and don’t forget to leave your own tidbits on the table.