For a group that talks about them with contempt, our journalists just LOVE to spread crackpot theories.
This past Thursday, on March 4, Washington was paralyzed. The National Guard troops were placed on high-alert with their unloaded weapons, the security fencing surrounding the Capitol was fortified, and Congress suspended its daily schedule. This was all done in preparation for a renewed assault on our nation’s capital and our democracy. The reason? The devotees of Qanon — that amorphous and overhyped cabal of political zealotry — were supposedly claiming that is the true inaugural date and that a failure of a Trump swearing-in ceremony would lead to renewed violence.
The Washington Post eventually came out to sheepishly report the empty streets seen in D.C. that day revealed something completely different: ‘’A March 4 threat from militant Trump supporters proves a mirage’’. This should be an abject embarrassment for the Democrats in Congress and the members of the media, but this is Washington we are speaking about; that emotion does not exist inside the beltway.
This non-episode reveals two details on the whole Qanon issue. One is that the press is intent to use this group as a political tool to attack conservatives, presenting their crackpot theories as mainstream thought within the movement. This attempt however exposes the other issue. In order to wield this weapon, the media needs to both pay close attention to Q theories, and then they need to broadcast them. What takes place then is the press taking these conspiracies far more seriously than anyone on the right; almost anytime I have heard of a Q talking point it is being promoted by someone in the press
The result: the embarrassment of last Thursday. The press has been so enamored over these conspiracy theories that they have developed their own version — dubbed BlueAnon. The industry that strives to deride conservatives for allegedly being beholden to Q-theories is actually borderline obsessed with conspiracies themselves. Here is the significant difference — while the hated Q-hysterics derive from randos on the internet, in the case of BlueAnon it usually involves crackpot theories pushed by the mainstream media.
Thus, to illustrate just how widespread these efforts have been, here is a list of just some of the wild claims we have witnessed being delivered in the press; you know, those people who despise conspiracy theories. Beginning with the biggest:
1. RUSSIAN COLLUSION WITH THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN
This was a four-year effort we all witnessed that ended up amounting to less than the center of a doughnut. It was such a widespread and unfounded claim that it actually has subsets:
- 1.a) The Steele Dossier – The document that was the basis of the entire affair was entirely cooked up. Bought by Democrat interests it was so light in content that when the FISA warrant was applied for they needed to feed this to members of the press, and those reports were then deemed corroboration to justify the warrant. In other words, they proved the dossier was accurate by referencing – the dossier.
- 1.b) The Russian Pee Tape – Springing up out of this fable was the claim that there was a video made of Donald Trump with Russian hookers who were recorded micturating on the future President. The story was widespread and endured for years, yet there was never anything approaching proof that it exists.
- 1.c) ‘’There were dozens of convictions’’ – This is the tout when the failure of the Mueller Investigation is pointed out. True, Mueller concocted dozens of convictions and guilty pleas, but what is not acknowledged is none of them were connected to the campaign. Most convictions were against Russian hackers who will never face a charge here in the states, and all of Paul Manafort’s involved banking scams he ran before the election.
2. DONALD TRUMP WILL FIGHT TO RETAIN POWER
This is another with some layers of hysteria. The overriding theory was that President Trump would not accept an election result and fight to remain in power in tyrannical fashion.
- 2.a) Trump Will Be A White House Squatter – After the election, there was rampant speculation that Donald Trump would refuse to leave, a rather ludicrous proposition that had many fantasizing about his being marched out in handcuffs. More than based on the election result, this was something those on the left were speculating about for at least a year, based on nothing at all.
- 2.b) Trump Will Enforce Martial Law – Fantasies ran wild that Trump would turn tinpot-dictator and call in the military to remain in power. Even when he denied it directly the press held that up as proof.
- 2.c) Trump Will Use Nuclear Weapons To Stay In Power – Apparently, a war is the secret to keeping himself ensconced in the Oval Office.
3. TRUMP COULD LITERALLY OVERTURN THE ELECTION
This was one that the press was convinced would play out last November. The gambit was to have the electoral votes in states with Republican control be decided by the legislatures, in opposition to the voters, giving him an Electoral College advantage.
4. REMOVING TRUMP BY INVOKING THE 25TH AMENDMENT
This had been a long-running fever dream from the left. The idea was that it could be proven Trump was mentally deficient enough to have him forced from office. That Joe Biden exhibited true mental deficiencies while on the campaign trail was not a concern.
5. THE PENCE PARDON GAMBIT
Another two-parter that ran this January. It involved Donald Trump stepping down before the inaugural so that Mike Pence would be installed briefly as President.
- 5.a) The Preemptive Pardon – The plan would go that after he was sworn in Pence would pardon former President Trump.
- 5.b) The Preemptive Retirement – UNLESS – Pence would buckle under all of the pressure to do so, leading instead to his resignation.
(Note – Adding to the crackpot nature of things, at no time was Donald Trump accused of any crime for which he needed a pardon.)
6.THE JANUARY 6 RIOT WAS AIDED BY THE FACT THAT SOME CAPITOL POLICE LET RIOTERS INSIDE
It was beginning to sound like some serious deep state shenanigans when it was tabled that the reason the rioters stormed the Capitol was because they had allies within the local police force opening the doors for them.
7. MEMBERS OF THE NATIONAL GUARD WERE A THREAT FOR SECRETLY BEING PART OF THE INSURRECTION GROUPS
We Rep. Steven Cohen suggesting that members of the Guard are mostly male and thus Trump supporters, and could end up being a threat like other military members who have killed world leaders in the past.
8. THE PENTAGON WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NATIONAL GUARD DELAY IN PROTECTING THE CAPITOL
We can thank CNN’s Asha Rangappa for this gem, as Jeff Charles mentioned previously.
While the press was in full-blown outrage over the President and many Republicans questioning the election results and curious over possible mismanagement with vote tallies and ballot machines, they preferred that we ignore there had been numerous outrages from them about prospective scams the Republicans were engaged in ahead of the election.
9. THE POSTMASTER GENERAL WAS FOLLOWING TRUMP’S ORDERS TO DERAIL MAIL-IN VOTING
People actually protested outside his home in outrage, lack of evidence not a concern.
10. THE PRESIDENT WAS STEALING MAILBOXES OR LOCKING THEM UP AS A SIGN OF VOTER SUPPRESSION
Hey now, they had pictures of this taking place and everything. Proven!
11. PRESIDENT TRUMP ORDERED POSTAL SORTING MACHINES TO BE DECOMMISSIONED AHEAD OF THE ELECTION
These dramatic images circulated in the press when they were in fact older machines scheduled to be replaced, or they were magazine sorters that were no longer needed. The result was there was enough outrage that for optics the postmaster halted all switchovers of the machines — meaning the surge in mail-in ballots would be handled on outdated equipment.
12. THE ACCEPTABLE CLAIMS OF VOTER FRAUD
After the election, it was considered an outrage to question any voting results. Unless, of course, there were accusations that Republicans were engaged in committing the fraud – then there was quiet contemplation over the claims.
To close out this installment let us harken back to the infectious month of October, when President Trump was found to have contracted the COVID-19 virus. Or did he?!?!
13. PRESIDENT TRUMP ”CLAIMS’’ HE CAUGHT COVID IN ORDER TO PROMOTE HIS VACCINE AHEAD OF THE ELECTION
Michael Moore and others said the ”claim’’ of a positive result was so the President would either win over voters, or to even promote his impending vaccine rollout.
14. TRUMP IS FAKING HIS RECOVERY AND WILL BE DOWN FOR WEEKS
So said the doctors who were not treating him.
15. THE PRESIDENT WAS FAR MORE ILL THAN HIS TEAM OF DOCTORS WERE TELLING US
Following a press conference by his doctors at Walter Reed the press ran with a wild story he was far sicker than explained. This was based on an anonymous email sent out to the press. This meant after a year of telling us to obey the science on the pandemic they were choosing to now ignore medical professionals in order to run with an unproven claim. This led to hostility and even calls to defund Walter Reed hospital — over a bogus story.
(This is the start of a series of pieces detailing numerous tinfoil hat theories the media have been pimping out to the public. If you have other examples, toss them in the comments section and they could be included in future installments.)