JUST THE FACTS: Michigan COVID-19 Numbers for July 17th 2020

AP Photo/Paul Sancya
AP featured image
(AP Photo/Paul Sancya)

Welcome to week NINETEEN of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan. The total number of confirmed cases: 72,502 which is a 660 person increase from the previous day. Deaths: 6,108 total deceased which is a 7 person increase from the previous day.


*Currently 8.4% of those who have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 91.6%. (This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those who have tested positive.)

*The state is reporting that only 53,867 have recovered from COVID-19 since July 10th.

*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex:

47% are Men

53% are Women

1% Unknown

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex:

52% of Men (change of 0% from the previous day)

47% of Women (change of 0% from the previous day)

**At the suggestion of a reader of these posts, I will also be combining Wayne, Oakland and Macomb County totals being that is the bulk of Metro Detroit.**

*Combined tri-county area ( including Detroit) number of cases confirmed 41,291 which accounts for 56.9% of the cases in the state.

*Combined tri-county area ( including Detroit) number of deaths confirmed 4,615 which accounts for 75.5% of the deaths in the state.


*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 23,516 cases or 32.4% of the total in the state.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 2,648 of the deaths in the state which are 43.3% of the current total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos