Welcome to week SEVEN of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan
*The total number of confirmed cases: 35,291 which is a 1,325 person increase from the previous day.
*Deaths: 2,977 total deceased which is a 165 person increase from the previous day.
(NOTE: Regular reviews of death certificate data maintained in Vital Records reporting systems are conducted by MDHHS staff three times per week. As a part of this process, records that identify COVID-19 infection as a contributing factor to death are compared against all laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS). If a death certificate is matched to a confirmed COVID-19 case and that record in the MDSS does not indicate the individual died, the MDSS record is updated to indicate the death and the appropriate local health department is notified. These matched deaths are then included with mortality information posted to the Michigan Coronavirus website. As a result of the most recent assessment, today’s data includes 55 additional deaths identified by this methodology.)
*Currently 8.4% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 91.6%. ( This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those that have tested positive.)
*The state is reporting that only 3,237 have recovered from COVID-19 since April 17th.
*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex
45% are Men
54% are Women
*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex
55% of Men (change of 0 from the previous day)
45% of Women (change of 0 from the previous day)
*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 14,994 cases or 42.0% of the total in the state.
*2 counties are tied for only having one case reported.
*Detroit and Wayne County account for 1,396 of the deaths in the state which are 47% of the current total in the state.
The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.