Democrats are not really trying to demonize all Trump supporters. Democrats are not trying to demonize all Trump supporters. Democrats are not really trying to demonize all Trump supporters.
Oh, wait, I can write that three times and yes, they still are trying to do that.
We’ve seen in the wake on what happened at the Capitol, Democrats and many in media trying to demonize the people who were at the rally who didn’t go inside the Capitol or do anything illegal. But they’re not just trying to demonize those folks, they’re trying to demonize all Trump supporters, trying to paint all 75 million plus people as seditious in order to politically shut them down.
But now Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) went after the National Guard in Washington, D.C. now, saying he had concerns about them. He’s demonizing them because he thinks they’re mostly white, male and military, which means they likely didn’t vote for Joe Biden.
“You know I think the Guard is 90 some odd percent I believe male, only about 20 percent of white males voted for Biden,” Cohen said on CNN. “You gotta figure that the guard which is predominantly more conservative and I see that on my social media, and we know it, there are probably not more than 25 percent of the people there protecting us that voted for Biden, the other 75 percent are in the class that would be the large class of folks who might want to do something and there were military people and police who took oaths to defend the Constitution and to protect and defend who didn’t do it, who were in the insurrection. So it does concern me.”
Good for Jim Sciutto for saying it’s far different from supporting Trump to supporting the actions at the Capitol. There isn’t even any indication there even is an insider threat.
Cohen also claimed that of those “who were for Trump and not for Biden as far as people who would be within the zone of folks who you would be suspect of, the suspect group is large.”
Can we say ridiculous racist sexist smear against the National Guard? Military takes an oath to the country not to a politician and for sure not to Biden. But they’ll still protect Biden because that’s their oath and that’s their duty. But Cohen is painting all the National Guard with a broad brush and all Trump supporters as a potential threat. It’s completely irresponsible and dangerous.
Democrats and media need to stop the censorship, stop ramping up their efforts to shut down the political opposition. Because none of this is about security, it’s about political attack. Cohen is infamous for such things.
Democrats are openly musing that their Republican colleagues, members of the armed services, law enforcement and more are actively plotting to harm or kill them. This is pure insanity, and it needs to stop. Responsible people need to intervene.
— Ellen Carmichael (@ellencarmichael) January 18, 2021