San Francisco’s War on Guns Reaches Into… ALASKA?!
There’s a worrying case of overreach out of San Francisco, in the wake of California’s “Gunpocalypse” acts last year. To make a long story short, back while California had grandfathered full-capacity magazines folks were selling rebuild kits to repair those grandfathered magazines, one of whom was a Disabled Veteran by the name of Dylan Saunders running 7.62 Precision out of Wasilla, Alaska with his family. Then they pass Gunpocalypse, banning such kits, and Saunders responds by removing the product from his store. San Fransh*thole decides they want to go after little guys who can’t afford the legal fees to fight back like Saunders to make examples of, so they find some backdoor where the old deactivated listing can be seen and call it “still advertising for sale,” and go forward with legal action. The good news is Saunders has a GoFundMe which in a week has raised enough to cover the retainer for legal counsel and avoid Summary Judgment; the bad news is that the $10,000 it sought and raised within a week is going to be a drop in the bucket compared to what winning this thing’s going to take, even though San Fransicko has tried this exact stunt and lost hard before, and neither NRA, Second Amendment Foundation nor any of the other big national gun-rights groups are doing anything to help–more on this story can be found at The Firearm Blog. Gentle Readers, your humble scribe is not one to ask for favors lightly, but I’m asking the readership for a Fire Mission in three parts on this one.
- Take a look at 7.62’s GoFundMe, and consider pitching in a little.
- Contact San Francisco’s City Attorney by phone or email, and let him know in polite terms exactly what you think of his and his city’s harassment of a Disabled Veteran.
- Contact the National Rifle Association, Second Amendment Foundation, and National Shooting Sports Foundation and ask them why they aren’t stepping up to the plate to help this guy out, because if he falls the rest of their memberships are all NEXT.
This Week In History
- Sunday, 3/12: Coke first bottled, 1894; FDR’s first “fireside chat” radio address, 1933; Truman Doctrine proclaimed against Communism, 1947
- Monday, 3/13: Lemnitzer proposes false-flag terrorism to start war with Cuba, 1962; Apollo 9 returns to Earth after testing LEM, 1969; Phoenix Lights, 1997
- Tuesday, Pi Day: Gold standard adopted, 1900; first US use of penicillin, 1942; JFK moved to final interment site at Arlington, 1967
- Wednesday, the Ides of March: Battle of Guilford Court House, 1781; Punitive Expedition crosses Mexican border pursuing Pancho Villa, 1916; first domain name registered, 1985
- Thursday, 3/16: Corps of Engineers established to build West Point, 1802; Goddard launches first liquid-fuel rocket, 1926; 50 millionth Ford and 100 millionth GM autos, respectively 1958 and ’68
- Friday, St. Patrick’s Day: British abandon Siege of Boston, 1776; first flight of B-45 Tornado, America’s first operational jet bomber, 1947; UC Berkeley creates element 98, Californium, 1950
- Saturday, 3/18: Wells & Fargo establish American Express Co., 1850; Hawaii signs exclusive trade rights treaty with US, 1874; gold standard repealed, 1968
Today’s Birthdays: President Andrew Jackson, 1767; paperclip inventor Johan Vaaler, 1866; astronaut Alan Bean, 1932
Holidays Around the World: It’s Constitution Day in Belarus and Honen Matsuri in Japan. Palau observes Youth Day, and Hungary celebrates National Day commemorating their 1848 revolution.
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for a Carolina Arms TC-45 .45 pistol package or an EAA Witness Pavona .380 pistol package: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for an SRM Arms 1216 shotgun, Franklin Armory M4, or Navy Arms 1892 Coyote Killer lever-action rifle: http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a SIG-Sauer P220 Hunter 10mm pistol or SIGM400 Swat tactical rifle: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- *Aero Precision, for a custom AR15: http://gvwy.io/znl4vyk
- GrabAGun, for a CZ P-09 Urban Grey suppressor-ready 9mm pistol: http://grabagun.com/giveaway
- *Primary Arms, for $3000 of AR15 upgrade parts: https://wn.nr/njftDY
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry. Aero Precision and Primary Arms giveaways give me one entry each per person who uses my referral link.
Quote of the Day
Coulda been talking about Lyin’ Ryan’s pseudo-“repeal” of Obamacare…
The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.–Mark Twain
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. And now, my gentle friends, the floor is yours while I settle in for a hard-earned morning’s slumber…