States want to register refugees:
“Bills are being proposed in both states to require an ongoing registry of refugees who enter the U.S., according to the Associated Press. Under the South Carolina proposal, sponsors would be held liable for Iranian, Sudanese and Syrian refugees who commit acts of terrorism.”
Frequent fliers who would like to use those FF miles for something helpful might like this. Some airlines actually have good stuff you can get with your mileage points. This Yahoo story says Air Canada will let you redeem 35,000 miles for a $250 certificate that can go to a college student for student stuff. How about trading 88,672 miles for 10-gram ingot of pure 99.99% gold from Etihad Airways. And New Zealand Air says for 145 of their points you can buy a Gandalf Magical Silver Scarf.
Sharron Angle 2.0:
In an exclusive to Conservative Review Sharron Angle says she definitely will be running again for Harry Reid’s open senate seat. Angle lost to Reid last time by 6 points and has plans to do better this time out. She will spend a lot of time on Common Core, which parents of students claim relies too much on testing. Also the feds gather data from those tests:
“And then they’ve been shocked by the questions that are being asked,” explained Angle, who went on to say that she has heard reports of children being asked questions about their parents’political affiliation and who they had voted for in the last election.
Trumpets and Berners and Sheriff Joe:
Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders supporters got into a bit of scuffle Friday as the two groups met up during competing candidate rallies. Caleb Howe has the RedState highlights here. And you might want to pencil in fireworks for today as well. Trump will be doing several events in Arizona, the final one being a major rally in Tucson. Today the largest opposition is expected from illegal immigrant groups. To add extra kindling, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a Trump endorser, will provide “security” and be a “participant” at the rally the sheriff told Politico:
“Here I’m gonna be kinda wearing two hats — in charge of the security there in the town and also participating, I would imagine, with Trump in the rally, so it makes it interesting,” Arpaio said in an interview with POLITICO, adding that it “is going to be a lot of fun taking care of business there.”
Meanwhile, protesters are gearing up to be everywhere Trump is today but tell NBC they don’t want violence.
Carson’s people politikin’:
Over at the Daily Beast, you’ll be treated to a behind the scenes look at what Ben Carson’s people are planning to give him a leg up in the VP competition.
“The agenda, according to multiple sources familiar with the plan, will include a discussion of what to do with the massive 700,000-person mailing list they’ve accrued, the PAC connected with the campaign (which has already been pushing for Carson as a potential vice presidential pick), and possibly establishing a formalized speaking program for the doctor.”
Well, it’s not like nobody knew that’s what he wanted. (h/t HotAir)
- If you’re still wondering what happens to Marco Rubio’s delegates now that he’s out of the race, read this from National Review. The 29 unbound, 135 bound one or more rounds and 5 floaters have to go somewhere. But when do they go?
- Speaking of delegates…Fivethirtyeight.com says Trump has 695 while Cruz has 424. But, Politico claims Trump has 678 and Cruz has 423.
- Are we so lazy we need to have shoes that lace themselves? Whatever happened to good old fashioned Velcro straps?
- BOLO. Today you’re on the lookout for two shrunken heads and a Joe DiMaggio baseball bat. The items were stolen from the Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum in NYC. More shrunken heads can be bought, but the bat is said to be irreplaceable.
- I’ve just about convinced myself that Trump is madly in love with Megyn Kelly. Why else would he constantly seek her attention like a six year old boy who can’t get a girl to like him? Fox calls it an “extreme, sick obsession“. It is beginning to fall into the creepy category.
- Today is National Certified Nurses Day: If you’re a CN enjoy this special day. It’s yours. If you’re not a CN you may want to enjoy National Chocolate Caramel Day which is also observed today.
Another Water Cooler filled up:
If you saw something that grabbed your attention jump in line down below and talk about it. If you found something of interest elsewhere drop it below to tell others. It’s all welcome at the ‘cooler since the ‘cooler is always OPEN THREAD.
* All emphasis mine