Michigan COVID Numbers for Monday October 19th

AP Photo/Eric Gay
AP featured image
A sign instructing shoppers to wear masks to protect against the spread of COVID-19 is posted at a business in San Antonio, Wednesday, June 24, 2020. Cases of COVID-19 have spiked in Texas and the governor is encouraging people to wear masks in public and stay home if possible. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)

Welcome to week THIRTY-THREE of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan, as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan.

The total number of confirmed cases: 147,806 which is a *2,909 person increase from the previous day. Deaths: 7,031 total deceased, which is a 23 person increase from the previous day.

*Note on cases (10/19/20): Today’s daily case count represents new referrals of confirmed cases to the MDSS since Saturday, October 17th. Over the two days, Sunday and Monday, the average number of new confirmed cases is ~1454 per day.

*Currently 5.0% of those who have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 95.0%. (This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those who have tested positive.)

*The state is reporting that only  109,539 have recovered from COVID-19 since October 17th.

*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex:

47% are Men

53% are Women

1% Unknown

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex:

52% of Men (change of 0% from the previous day)

47% of Women (change of 0% from the previous day)


**At the suggestion of a reader of these posts, I will also be combining Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb County totals, being that is the bulk of Metro Detroit.**

*Combined tri-county area (including Detroit) number of cases confirmed: 70,221, which accounts for 47.5% of the cases in the state.

*Combined tri-county area (including Detroit) number of deaths confirmed: 5,050, which accounts for 71.8% of the deaths in the state.

*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 35,391 cases or 23.9% of the total in the state.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 2,858 of the deaths in the state, which are 40.6% of the current total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne, so that is why they are combined here.


Take a moment to watch my LIVE video each Mon-Wed-Fri morning at 10am EDT at Bourbon On The Rocks and follow moi on Twitter at Irishduke2


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos