Just the Facts: Michigan COVID-19 Numbers For Tuesday 22nd.

AP Photo/Paul Sancya, File

(AP Photo/Paul Sancya, File)

Welcome to week SEVEN of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan


*The total number of confirmed cases: 32,967 which is a 967 person increase from the previous day.

*Deaths: 2,700 total deceased which is a 232 person increase from the previous day.

*Currently 8.2% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 91.8%. ( This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state just those that have been tested positive)

*The state is reporting that only 3,237 have recovered from COVID-19 since March 10th

*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex

45% are Men

54% are Women

1% Unknown

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex

56% of Men (change of 0 from the previous day)

44% of Women (change of 0 from the previous day)

*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 14,255 cases ( 343 new cases from Monday) or 43.0% of the total in the state.

*3 counties are tied for only having one case reported.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 1,148 of the deaths in the state which are 47% of the current total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos