Just The Numbers: Michigan COVID-19 Numbers March 27th

FILE - This July 19, 2002, file photo, shows the Mackinac Bridge that spans the Straits of Mackinac from Mackinaw City, Mich. Officials tell The Associated Press that Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder's administration and Canadian pipeline giant Enbridge have reached a deal on replacing 65-year-old twin pipelines in a channel linking two of the Great Lakes. An announcement was scheduled for Wednesday Oct. 3, 2018. Officials tell the AP the agreement calls for shutting down the Line 5 pipes in the Straits of Mackinac connecting Lakes Huron and Michigan. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio, File)

(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio, File)

COVID-19 has literally shut down the entire United States and people are constantly looking for numbers on what is happening. Being I live in Michigan I thought I should post what is happening in the Great Lake State with just numbers and zero commentary from moi on these posts.

So here are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by state officials.

*The total number of confirmed cases: 3657 which is an 801 person increase from the previous day.

*Deaths: 92 total deceased which is a 32 person increase from the previous day.

*Currently 2.5% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted Covid-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 97.5%.

*The state has tested and received results back from 13,769 specimens. Those found positive were 3,136 and those found negative or inconclusive were 10,524.

Total samples tested includes test that were negative, positive, and inconclusive.
Counts represent the total specimens tested, not total patients tested. A patient can have more than one specimen tested, therefore the number of specimens tested may be more than the number of patients tested.

*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex

51% of Men

49% of Women

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex

65% of Men

34% of Women

1% was Unknown

*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 1810 cases or 49% of the total in the state.

*20 counties are tied for only having one case reported.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 37 of the deaths which are 40% of the total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.