Rep. Trey Gowdy: Benghazi Report to be Released Within a Month

FILE - In this Sept. 14, 2012 file photo, Libyan military guards check one of the U.S. Consulate's burnt out buildings during a visit by Libyan President Mohammed el-Megarif, not shown, to the U.S. Consulate to express sympathy for the death of the American ambassador, Chris Stevens and his colleagues in the deadly attack on the Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Senior State Department officials pressed for changes in the talking points that U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice used after the deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya last September, expressing concerns that Congress might criticize the Obama administration for ignoring warnings of a growing threat in Benghazi. (AP Photo/Mohammad Hannon)

Again, I really hope people still care about this.

So much has happened since that horrible night on September 11, 2012, when four American citizens were slain at the hands of terrorists in Benghazi, Libya.

There is little doubt that the Obama administration and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton went to great lengths to conceal and obstruct what really went on that night. From the moment the official press release stated it was a random protest over a video, to the five Sunday morning shows, when National Security Advisor Susan Rice continued to perpetrate the tale, to Hillary Clinton’s dismissive, “What difference does it make?” before a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing in January 2013.

They all lied.

Why?

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) has served as chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi since May 2014. In the two years since that time, Gowdy and the committee have fought an uphill battle to gain access to witnesses and reports.

Gowdy has previously stated that the State Department and Pentagon have not only refused to allow them to interview witnesses, but have actually relocated witnesses and even gone as far as to change their names.

Again… why?

USA TODAY is reporting that Rep. Gowdy is now ready to release the report on the committee’s findings.

“’I can’t stop an investigation because an executive branch agency won’t give me documents,’ Gowdy said in an interview with Meet the Press Daily from the National Rifle Association convention in Louisville.

Gowdy said the panel still has not received all of the information it requested but that the report will be released ‘in the next month’ before both nominating conventions.

‘And I’ll just let the reader know what it is we’re missing and the agencies that haven’t produced it to us,’ Gowdy said. ‘And if witnesses come forward after the publication of our report, we’ll let the readers know that. I absolutely wanted it done in ‘15 but I don’t control access to documents or witnesses.’”

The Democrats will say that this is partisan political theater, in order to hurt Hillary’s chances before the general election in November, however, the facts are that she crafted this timeline for herself with her refusal to cooperate from the beginning.

“Gowdy said the panel’s report will include new information about the security situation, the U.S. response to the attacks and how the Obama administration described what happened afterward.

Gowdy said the report will also include interview transcripts and exhibits, and leave it to readers to reach their own conclusions.”

The families of the four Americans killed that night deserve closure. Let’s pray this leads to that end, and that those responsible for the attack, as well as the subsequent cover up are dealt with accordingly.