Why Did the Clinton Campaign Break Secret Service Rules After Hillary Passed Out?

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, second from right, departs after attending a ceremony at the Sept. 11 memorial, in New York, Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016, on the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

If you haven’t been in a coma for the past 24 hours you know that Hillary Clinton passed out, and in the words of anonymous law enforcement officials, was tossed into her vans “like she was a side of beef” (definitely one of the better Clinton metaphors I’ve heard). What followed was a comedy of lies and misdirection on the part of the campaign that started out with them claiming that she was “overheated” despite the temperature being not quite 80 degrees at the time she bounced off a NYC sidewalk. By late yesterday the excuse had morphed into pneumonia that is making the rounds of the Clinton campaign. I am not making that up. They are actually claiming that viral pneumonia is raging through the staff. Which is strange since her physician says he gave her antibiotics… which don’t work or viruses… raising the specter that her doctor is a quack or that they are lying. And, under CDC guidelines, Hillary should have been vaccinated against the most common bacterial strain of pneumonia which is an additional reason to look askance at the pneumonia story.


See what problems crop up when you adopt lying as a lifestyle choice.

The one fact that virtually screams that they are lying about pneumonia is the action taken by the Secret Service after Hillary’s carcass was tossed, sans shoe, into the van:

Hillary Clinton was headed to an emergency room following her sudden collapse during the Sept. 11 memorial ceremony — but ditched her NYPD escort and detoured to daughter Chelsea Clinton’s apartment to keep details of her medical treatment under wraps, The Post has learned.

Secret Service protocol called for the Democratic presidential nominee be taken to a state-designated Level I Trauma Center in the wake of her Sunday morning health crisis at Ground Zero, sources said.

But a campaign operative decided to change course to avoid treatment by doctors, nurses or other medical workers who could leak details to reporters, a source said.

Clinton’s van was supposed to be escorted by an NYPD protective detail, but the Secret Service whisked her away from Ground Zero before cops could accompany her, another source said.

Clinton had told police officials that she didn’t want the escort at all, but the NYPD overruled that request, the source added.

Clinton emerged from her daughter’s Manhattan apartment about two hours after her health crisis, proclaiming, “I’m feeling great. Thanks,” before bizarrely adding: “It’s a beautiful day in New York” — even though thousands of people were still honoring the victims of the terror attack that destroyed the World Trade Center.


There is exactly one reason why an elderly woman who collapsed from “pneumonia” would not go to an emergency room. That the campaign knows it was not pneumonia and that going to a ER would result in her vitals being taken by people who might talk about what they’d seen.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos