Interview With Lawyer Accused of Throwing Molotov Cocktail at NYPD: This Wouldn't Ever Stop, Unless We 'Take It All Down'

AP Photo/Kevin Hagen
AP featured image
Police form a line on Fifth Avenue outside Trump Tower on Sunday, May 31, 2020, in New York. Demonstrators took to the streets of New York to protest the death of George Floyd, who died May 25 after he was pinned at the neck by a Minneapolis police officer. (AP Photo/Kevin Hagen)

Video of an interview has surfaced with the one of the accused Molotov-throwing lawyers, Urooj Rahman.

The NY Post said the interview was filmed at the protest less than an hour before Urooj Rahman and her fellow lawyer, Colinford Mattis were arrested in the alleged attack on the NYPD.

In the interview, Rahman blamed Mayor Bill de Blasio for not holding back the police.

“I think this protest is a long time coming,” lawyer Urooj Rahman said in a videotaped interview filmed near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn at around 12:15 a.m. May 30.

“This s–t won’t ever stop unless we f–kin’ take it all down. And that’s why the anger is being expressed tonight in this way,” she said. [….]

Rahman, 31, said in the video before the Molotov incident that violence against cops was “understandable,” adding, “people are angry because the police are never held accountable.

“This has got to stop. And the only way they hear, the only way they hear us is through violence, through the means that they use,” she said.

“We’ve got to use the massa’s [master’s] tools, that’s what my friend always says.” [….]

During her video interview, Rahman claimed that protesters were “not targeting random people; they’re targeting precincts.

“It’s a way to show their pain, their anger,” she said.


During the interview, she was wearing a shirt with the radical fist that said “The Struggle Continues.”

Notice also the Palestinian keffiyeh and the latest model iPhone.

From Townhall:

Authorities say Urooj Rahman and Colinford King Mattis tossed a Molotov cocktail through a broken window of a police cruiser just before 1 a.m. local time on Saturday. After the firebomb failed to ignite, Rahman jumped into a van and sped off with Mattis. Cops pursued the vehicle and apprehended both suspects. Cops discovered another Molotov cocktail and a gasoline container in the back seat of the vehicle.

According to court papers, surveillance cameras outside the precinct captured the attack on video. Authorities say a witness has come forward claiming Rahman was passing out Molotov cocktails to other protesters earlier in the day.


They have a picture of her with it in her hands.

A judge had released Rahman on bail, over the objections of prosecutors, after a former Obama intelligence official Salmah Rizvi spoke on behalf Rahman calling the lawyer her “best friend” and saying she would guarantee her bail. Rizvi is also a lawyer and said she made $255,000 a year. Mattis was also released.

But an appeals court overturned the release and the two have now been returned to jail.

They were charged with one count of damaging a police vehicle by fire and explosives and face a maximum of 20 years and a mandatory minimum of five, if convicted.

Thankfully they put her back and Mattis back in jail. But this is the extremist left involved in the protests and the riots. As she admits, the aim is to bring the system down.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos