These are quite often wrong.
- [mc_name name=’Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)’ chamber=’house’ mcid=’B000589′ ] will be confirmed as Speaker of the House.
- [mc_name name=’Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)’ chamber=’senate’ mcid=’M000355′ ] will be confirmed as Senate Majority Leader.
- Neither [mc_name name=’Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)’ chamber=’senate’ mcid=’R000146′ ] nor [mc_name name=’Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)’ chamber=’house’ mcid=’P000197′ ] will announce their retirements in 2015.
- A Republican will win the special election for NY-11.
- The Supreme Court will, in a 5-4 decision, rule that Obamacare only authorizes subsidies to individuals who have signed up via a state exchange, not the federal one.
- The next month after that will host one of the most intense domestic political debates in American history.
- The Supreme Court will, also in a 5-4 split, rule that the US Constitution neither permits nor bans same-sex marriage. It will resolutely ignore the FF&C Clause, except in the dissents.
- At least three Senators will announce this year, surprisingly, that they will not be seeking re-election.
- [mc_name name=’Sen. David Vitter (R-LA)’ chamber=’senate’ mcid=’V000127′ ] will win the governorship of Louisiana. His running mate will be Elbert Guillory, who will also win.
- Good 2015 movies: Age of Ultron, Star Wars Episode VII, Inside Out.
- Bad 2015 movies: Jurassic World, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Fantastic Four, Jupiter Ascending.
- 2015 movies that will defy analysis: Terminator: Genisys, Ant-Man.
- Lastly: The Chicago Cubs will win the World Series. I figure that the payoff from being right on this would easily make up for any sting from being wrong.
I think that should cover it.
Moe Lane (crosspost)
PS: Wait, one more: hoverboards!