I was never pro-Trump, not even during his Apprentice days. The man is extremely unlikable. He carries himself as someone who doesn’t have high regard for others, and who believes he has nothing to learn or improve upon.
As nauseating as it is to admit, I could understand – at least first – why some folks were flocking to him at the start of all this. His lure is that he is a non-politician (although in full politician-mode now), without the usual constraints of someone who has inhabited elected office. He was/is something we have never seen before. I mean, can you imagine this kind of flavor in the 2000 or 2004 campaign? Donald Trump has forever changed the use of social media, debates, and campaign stops, and not in a positive way.
So I ask those of you who still support him: why?? I am truly confounded.
- He flips, then flops, and then uses his spokespeople in an attempt to smooth things over. Sorry, Trump campaign. Although many in the media allow it, you actually don’t get a pass. We, most of us anyway, are taking notes.
- He is as unserious and superficial a candidate as they come. In fact, he rivals Barack Obama for lack of substance. Obamamania and Trumpmania are more similar than not.
- His ideas on abortion and unborn life hold no strength of conviction. This man believes abortion laws should stay that way, seemingly unconcerned with the gravity of such a non-conservative statement.
- His well-known temper tantrums against members of the media or candidates are blown out of proportion. This man should not be leading our country on the world’s stage. Trump’s personality plus his unhinged foreign policy ideas would turn a simple dispute into World War III.
- He almost constantly insults others and their appearance, gender, heritage, etc.
- He has no problem employing thugs who physically handle others, and will quickly make excuses for any kind of questionable behavior that comes out of his campaign.
- He is not a conservative. He has a long history of being a strong liberal. Turning into (R) almost overnight doesn’t qualify you to be the GOP nominee.
Really, if your eyes have been open any time in the past six months, and especially in the last few weeks, you should have seen these and many other things. Unfortunately, many of Trump’s current supporters will continue to support him no matter what. No matter how outlandish his statements, how juvenile his tantrums, or how empty his speeches, they will flock to him. He could probably even stand on a street in New York City and shoot someone, and not lose voters. (His words, not mine.)
It’s way beyond the point where anyone who has conservative principles should be supporting Trump. If you still are, I’m sorry, you’re definitely not a conservative.