#NeverTrumpWelcome back to another installment of the Watercooler, RedState’s daily Open Thread! Today, we’ve got…
From the “State Dept., STILL Enabling Crimes Against Humanity” File…
Experts agree that what the Daeshbags are doing to Middle Eastern Christians is legally Genocide. On a bipartisan 393-0 vote, the House of Representatives agrees with them. So why in GOD’S GOOD NAME is SecState Kerry sitting on his hands and resisting efforts to declare it such and take appropriate legal action, thus enabling this vil band of reprehensible reprobates?
Dept. of “The Truth Hurts, Doesn’t It?”
Remember back when Ted Cruz publicly called a spade a spade regarding known Lying Scumbag, ardent Failure Theater aficionado and Obama jailhouse-girlfriend Mitch McConnell? So do McCrapweasel and his pack of Bitchy Little Girls… and they’re quite content to hold the entire country hostage in the name of forcing Cruz to “kiss their rings.” (Yes, that’s some strong language… if any of them has a problem, they can fill out this form and mail it to someone who cares after they finish running home crying to Mommy.)
The Man With The Hat May Be Coming Back… But Is It The Last Time?
Looks like there may be a fifth Indiana Jones movie coming. Let’s hope Disney isn’t bringing Harrison Ford back to do for one of George Lucas’s twin powerhouses what they did for the other and kill his character off… after the cheeseball Kingdom of the Crystal Skull there’s nowhere to go but up. Personally, I’d like to see something that blends the big-screen with the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV show’s format, maybe have unfinished business that started in his younger life and then Ford’s Indy going back to close the books on it, or maybe parallel stories from “now” and “then”… but with how Disney nuked everything not big-screen on Star Wars and ditched the intricate, carefully crafted Expanded Universe… I’m not going to hold high hopes for the Indy Expanded Universe either.
Hamstringing Kasich Proposal: Operation Ballot Burn
In light of John Kasich’s apparent sloppiness on ballot signatures, I’d like to propose a strategy to take a little wind out of his sails. In a nutshell, it involves bringing a challenge against his ballot petition in every state outside the Northeast. Why? That’s Trump territory, where Cruz probably won’t do well but Kasich might be able to steal some delegates; the Last Great Hope of #NeverTrump stands to do much better in the West if we can replicate Kasich’s Pennsylvania failure to qualify and make some of those states only two-man races. Information on how to do this should be available somewhere on your state Secretary of State’s website. This is WAR, folks, and we can’t afford the luxury of traditional country-club GOP “Marquis of Queensberry” rules…
This Week In History
- Sunday, Mar. 13: Union officers ordered to cease return of fugitive slaves, 1862; end of FDR’s “bank holiday,” 1933; NYMX gold first hits $1000/oz., 2008
- Monday, Mar. 14: Whitney patents cotton gin, 1794; first successful penicillin treatment, 1942; first Linux kernel release, 1994
- Tuesday, Mar. 15: Julius Caesar assassinated, 44 BC; Maine statehood, 1820; Pershing’s Mexican expedition, 1916; first Internet domain name, 1985
- Wednesday, Mar. 16: Union troops reach Alexandria, LA, 1864; Goddard launches first liquid-fuel rocket, 1926; Ford produces their 50 millionth car, 1958 and GM their 100 millionth, 1968
- Thursday, Mar. 17: British evacuate Boston, 1776; first flight of B-45 Tornado, America’s first operational jet bomber, 1947; South Africa votes to end apartheid, 1992
- Friday, Mar. 18: American Express established, 1850; Tri-State Tornado kills 695, 1925; Leonov takes first spacewalk, 1965; gold standard repealed, 1968
- Saturday, Mar. 19: Congress establishes times zones and DST, 1918; Tuskegee Airmen activated, 1941; Confederate cruiser Georgiana sunk, 1863, and rediscovered, 1965
Today’s Birthdays: Comedian Henny Youngman, 1906; First Lady Pat Nixon, 1912; politician Daniel P. Moynihan, 1927; singer-songwriter Nancy Wilson, 1954
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia.
Quote of the Day
This week’s QOTD is an apt description of where we stand as a country right now…
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.–Edmund Burke
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. Something on your mind? Sound Off here!