Hillary has campaigned seeking to preside over a third term for Barack Obama. She, of course, denies it.
Actually a Hillary presidency would be worse than a third Obama third term. Hillary argues that Obama hasn’t gone far enough to deprive us of our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. She believes that the Supreme Court has incorrectly interpreted the Second Amendment. Hillary goes farther than Obama on abortion. Hillary is advocating federal funding of abortions. She even voted against banning the abhorrent partial birth abortion. Hillary argues that Obama has not gone far enough with his exra-legal eo-called executive actions changing immigration law in ways Congress still refuses to legislate.
Hillary might be a policy wonk, but she is a terrible candidate. The more people find out about Hillary the less they like her. After all Hillary has been reintroduced to voters time and time again. Consider all the kick offs and resets to her 2016 presidential campaign.
Then there are the scandals. Hillary is always caught up in scandal after scandal, lie after lie to the point where voters don’t think she is honest or trustworthy and Hillary’s image is now the worse it has ever been. That the cumulative result of decades of scandal and appearance impropriety that constantly swarm around Hillary Clinton. Here is a list of some of the Hillary scandals that come to mind quickly:
- Watergate – Hillary was fired from the staff of the House Judiciary committee investigating the Nixon Watergate scandal in 1974 by her supervisor, Democrat Jerry Zeifman, because she lied. Hillary “conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”
- Hillary’s ‘missing’ law firm billing records during the Watergate scandal. When the records mysteriously turned up in the White House in 1996, they showed Hillary met repeatedly with key figures in the scandal.”
- Travelgate – Hillary allegedly fired seven employees and gave the positions to her Arkansas friends in a scheme to award a White House airline contract to a Clinton friend.
- Filegate – The Clintons illegally obtained FBI files on political adversaries.
- Selling access to the Lincoln Bedroom — a fundraising scandal, which NBC’s Jim Miklaszewski described as the most expensive bed and breakfast in North America. Some of the 958 visitors who slept at the White House during Clinton’s first term. Steve Jobs paid $150,000, and Steven Spielberg paid $200,000.
- Cattle Futures Scandal.
- The Clintons’ speaking fees.
- Selling Access to the Secretary of State — the Clinton Foundation’s pay for scandal.
- Hillary’s Never Ending EmailGate.
Unfortunately, that is far from an exhaustive list.
Do we even need to mention the complete lack of transparency?
Recently, Peggy Noonan tried to explain why people don’t like Hillary. Noonan focused on Travelgate, explaining how Hillary went from lie to lie trying to cover up what she had done. At the end of the article Noonan sums up what we now sadly know as the Clinton Scandal Ritual:
Lie, deny, revise, claim not to remember specifics, stall for time. When it passes, call the story “old news” full of questions that have already been answered. “As I’ve repeatedly said . . .”
As Noonan put it, people watched and got a poor impression.
Hillary doesn’t seem to have an ethical bone in her body and Hillary seems to be completely incapable of telling the truth.
That is why Hillary should not become president. A second Clinton presidency would be worse than a third Obama term. It would be a scandal ridden four years during which nothing would be accomplished. It would be four years of Hillary’s poor judgment, her inability to recognize an appearance of impropriety, or her simply not caring about the ethics expected of today’s public servants.