All reasonable persons knew Hillary Clinton had been lying about her emails. Even the very left leaning Glenn Kessler, who writes “The Fact Checker” column for the Washington Post has awarded Hillary 20 Pinocchios in seven fact check articles. Today the F.B.I. Director Comey destroyed what little credibility the Democrats’ presumptive presidential nominee had left.
The good folks at Reason TV produced the following video mashup contrasting Hillary’s claims about her email use and the FBI’s findings entitled, “Hillary Clinton vs. James Comey: Email Scandal Supercut.” Watch the Video:
As the Associated Press put it in a fact check of Hillary’s email lies today, “key assertions by Hillary Clinton in defense of her email practices have collapsed under FBI scrutiny.”
Here are some of the AP’s fact checks that go along with those included in the video:
1. CLINTON: “I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material.” News conference, March 2015.
THE FACTS: Actually, the FBI identified at least 113 emails that passed through Clinton’s server and contained materials that were classified at the time they were sent, including some that were Top Secret and referred to a highly classified special access program, Comey said.
Most of those emails — 110 of them — were included among 30,000 emails that Clinton returned to the State Department around the time her use of a private email server was discovered. The three others were recovered from a forensic analysis of Clinton’s server. “Any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position or in the position of those with whom she was corresponding about the matters should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation,” Comey said. Clinton and her aides “were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information,” he said.
2. CLINTON: “I responded right away and provided all my emails that could possibly be work related” to the State Department. News conference, March 2015.
THE FACTS: Not so, the FBI found.
Comey said that when his forensic team examined Clinton’s server it found there were “several thousand work-related emails that were not in the group of 30,000” that had been returned by Clinton to the State Department.
3. CLINTON: “I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for personal emails instead of two.” News conference, March 2015.
THE FACTS: This reasoning for using private email both for public business and private correspondence didn’t hold up in the investigation. Clinton “used numerous mobile devices to view and send email” using her personal account, Comey said. He also said Clinton had used different servers.
4. CLINTON campaign website: “There is no evidence there was ever a breach.”
THE FACTS: The campaign website claimed “no evidence” of a breach, a less categorical statement than Clinton herself made last year, when she said there was no breach. The FBI did not uncover a breach but made clear that possibility cannot be ruled out.
“We assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal email account,” Comey said.
He said evidence would be hard to find because hackers are sophisticated and can cover their tracks. Comey said his investigators learned that Clinton’s security lapses included using “her personal email extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related emails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries.” Comey also noted that hackers breached the email accounts of several outsiders who messaged with Clinton.
If you are interested in Kessler’s fact check’s you can find them here:
- Revisiting Clinton’s claim she used personal email out of ‘convenience’ — Three Pinocchios;
- Hillary Clinton’s claim that ‘everything I did [on emails] was permitted’ — Three Pinocchios;
- Clinton’s claims about receiving or sending ‘classified material’ on her private email system — Four Pinocchios;
- Hillary Clinton’s claim that ‘everyone’ knew ‘I was using a personal email’ — Two Pinocchios;
- Hillary Clinton’s incomplete timeline on her personal email account — Three Pinocchios;
- Hillary Clinton’s claim that 90 percent of her emails were ‘in the system’ — Three Pinocchios;
- How did ‘top secret’ emails end up on Hillary Clinton’s server? — Two Pinocchios.
Join the conversation as a VIP Member