Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
There was a significant amount of falsehoods and duplicity this week as we looked over all of the dramatic import and shady shenanigans taking place in the bicoastal environs of DC-Burbank. A long-suspected falsehood from a celebrity was proven…well, false. Also some more skullduggery from the intelligence community was afoot.
There was also Hollywood hypocrisy, AOC and her GND fiasco, Cuomo continuing to spiral, and Neil deGrasse grabbed him some Astronomy! (Hey, credit for no Uranus jokes).
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “Would I Lie To You?” – Eurythmics
- The Jussie Smollett attack story has completely unraveled and we try to figure out just what in the holy hell he was thinking in concocting this disaster.
- President Trump is riding this “National Disaster” for all he can, meaning he is basically prodding the press and watching them turn red in the face.
- Liam Neeson has another middle-aged-guy-with-a-gun thrill ride out in theaters, so we try to figure out why he is so willing to work with guns as he HATES the 2nd Amendment.
- Sarah looks at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez insisting on the planet coming to an end in 10 years and noting that kids are becoming anxious over this Chicken Little hysteria.
- Andrew Cuomo’s top aide tried to score political points on FL Senator Rick Scott, so he thought it was a great idea to mock Florida schools — on the one year anniversary of the Parkland shooting.
- We dissected the news that Andrew “Buy My Book” McCabe was hinting at invoking the 25th Amendment, and how that seems to show the Mueller probe is falling apart.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson has been grabbing more than his telescopes (meaning he’s been getting handsy with the ladies.) He just had his second show pulled as a result of him gravitating to realms where his module was not welcome.
TWITTER MOMENTS OF THE WEEK
Sarah found one of our faves, @Neontaster asking people to name a celebrity who ruins things for you by being an asshole. One of the best responses summed it up by being a laundry list.
Patton Oswalt, Chris Evans, Stephen King, Mark Hammil, Jimmy Kimmel, & 95% of Hollywood!
— Christopher Stokes (@247Stoked) February 16, 2019
Brad noted a video that was put out by Rep. Mark Walker that basically put the whole concept of the Green New Deal in perspective, by essentially comparing it to Fyre Fest in the best way possible. You have heard of a mic-drop — Walker her executes a camera-drop.
— Rep. Mark Walker (@RepMarkWalker) February 13, 2019