Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
It was a week of somber reflection and bittersweet memories…so of course the media had to focus on the bitter while refusing to act in a decent fashion with the passing of one of our leaders. At least they stay consistent in that manner.
Apart from that we saw that the usual outrage machine was well-oiled and running strong, healthcare may be continuing to evolve, the Democrats lost a Presidential back runner, and we nearly lost an iconic brand.
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “The Last Full Measure of Devotion” Dallyn Bales”
- The passing of George Bush brought out the media trolls. They were so incapable of human decency on the matter that Ruth Graham at Slate felt the need to dump on the former President’s service dog Sully.
- We nearly lost one of the longest running beer labels. Brad details the business behind a first place lawsuit between major brewers.
- Vote harvesting has become all the rage, and the Democrats have become very adept at this brand new law. (This can only lead to vote tax subsidies!)
- A college think tank looking into whiteness has come up with the latest racial offense — the race-free animated kids show Veggie Tales is now racist. If anything, I would have guessed sexist…maybe?
- Michael Avenatti has been having a tough go of things the past month or so, and now he has announced he will not be running for President in 2020. (sniff)
- Sarah explains her moment with a potential youthful suitor
for more insightful ridiculousness, follow us: