Welcome to week SEVENTEEN of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan.
*The total number of confirmed cases: 64,675 which is a 543 person increase from the previous day.
*Deaths: 5,966* total deceased which is a 15* person increase from the previous day.
*Today’s data includes 13 additional deaths identified via a Vital Records search.
*Currently 9.2% of those who have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 90.8%. (This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those who have tested positive.)
*The state is reporting that only 51,099 have recovered from COVID-19 since June 26th.
*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex:
47% are Men
53% are Women
*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex:
52% of Men (change of 0% from the previous day)
47% of Women (change of 0% from the previous day)
**At the suggestion of a reader of these posts, I will also be combining Wayne, Oakland and Macomb County totals being that is the bulk of Metro Detroit.**
*Combined tri-county area ( including Detroit) number of cases confirmed 38,255 which accounts for 59.1% of the cases in the state.
*Combined tri-county area ( including Detroit) number of deaths confirmed 4,537 which accounts for 76.0% of the deaths in the state.
*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 22,047 cases or 34.0% of the total in the state.
*Detroit and Wayne County account for 2,608 of the deaths in the state which are 43.7% of the current total in the state.
The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.