Just the Facts: Michigan COVID-19 Numbers for Wednesday 29th.

Michigan Office of the Governor via AP
AP featured image
(Michigan Office of the Governor via AP)

Welcome to week EIGHT of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by the State of Michigan


*The total number of confirmed cases: 40,399 which is a 1,137 person increase from the previous day.

*Deaths: 3,607 total deceased which is a 103 person increase from the previous day.

*Currently 8.9% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 91.1%. (This does NOT reflect all 9.9 million people in the state, just those that have tested positive.)

*The state is reporting that only 8,342 have recovered from COVID-19 since April 24th.

*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex

45% are Men

54% are Women

1% Unknown

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex

54% of Men (change of 1% from the previous day)

46% of Women (change of -1% from the previous day)

*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 16,494 cases or 40.8% of the total in the state.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 1,727 of the deaths in the state which are 47.0% of the current total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos