Just the Facts: Michigan COVID-19 Numbers For Thursday April 2nd.

AP Photo/David Eggert

(AP Photo/David Eggert)

Welcome to week two of posting numbers for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by State of Michigan


*The total number of confirmed cases: 10,791 which is a 1457 person increase from the previous day.

*Deaths: 417 total deceased which is an 80 person increase from the previous day.

*Currently 3.8% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 96.2%.

*The state has tested and received results back from 29,324 specimens. Those found positive were 7,158 and those found negative or inconclusive were 22,054. These numbers have not changed since the previous days’ report.

Total samples tested includes test that were negative, positive, and inconclusive.
Counts represent the total specimens tested, not total patients tested. A patient can have more than one specimen tested, therefore the number of specimens tested may be more than the number of patients tested.


*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex

49% are Men

51% are Women

*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex

62% of Men (change of -2% from the previous day)

38% of Women (change of +2% from the previous day)

*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 5,069 cases or 47.0% of the total in the state.

*12 counties are tied for only having one case reported.

*Detroit and Wayne County account for 194 of the deaths in the state which are 46.5% of the current total in the state.

The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos