There has been much speculation about Sean Hannity’s future at Fox News following the departures of fellow high-profile personalities Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly. And then there’s the ouster this week of Bill Shine, co-president of the network and presumed Hannity ally. Hannity tweeted this last week as rumors swirled of Shines’ imminent exit:
Gäbe i pray this is NOT true because if it is, that’s the total end of the FNC as we know it. Done. Best Sean https://t.co/W3BJ2wjzRD
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) April 27, 2017
Hannity called a staff meeting yesterday, which prompted much speculation because the conservative media superstar apparently rarely does so. Would he stay or would he go?
Well, turns out he’s staying. According to Politico, “the anchor told his staff that he’s not negotiating an exit despite reports, according to a person present at the meeting. He thanked his staff for what they do and told them he’s “always available” to answer questions.”
Hannity reportedly had a “key man” clause added to his contract after the departure of former Fox News head honcho Roger Ailes. This clause allows him to leave the network with only 60 days notice.
So, for now, he stays.
According to a person present at the Hannity staff meeting, he also issued his colleagues this warning:
“And don’t believe the destroy-Trump media.”