In their drive for world dominance, the Chinese Communists have been pushing their “authoritarian methods” on the world as a substitute for the supposed “failed leadership” of the United States. The ChiComs have invested enormous resources in the numerous foreign language versions of their state-run media (e.g., China Daily, XinhuaNet, and People’s Daily) to spread agit-prop around the world attempting to convince other countries of their beneficence and altruism. They also exploit “trusted agents” in Western media to routinely parrot that same propaganda. However, the ChiComs have been caught out in committing genocide against Uyghur Muslims in Western China/Eastern Turkistan. This evolving issue simply MUST be covered up and disputed by ChiCom media, as it puts a dent in the armor of the ChiComs’ “superior methods.”
On 8 March, the Newlines Institute for Strategy and Policy released a report entitled, The Uyghur Genocide: An Examination of China’s Breaches of the 1948 Genocide Convention.” The report examined “all evidence that could be collected and verified from public Chinese State communications, leaked Chinese State communications, eye-witness testimony, and open-source research methods such as public satellite-image analysis, analysis of information circulating on the Chinese internet, and any other available source.” The conclusions were devastating to the ChiComs – and probably personally embarrassing to President Xi Jinping. Here are a couple of excerpts from the executive summary of the report that tell the story:
This report concludes that the People’s Republic of China (China) bears State responsibility for committing genocide against the Uyghurs in breach of the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Genocide Convention) based on an extensive review of the available evidence and application of international law to the evidence of the facts on the ground.
In 2014, China’s Head of State, President Xi Jinping, launched the “People’s War on Terror” in XUAR, making the areas where Uyghurs constitute nearly 90 percent of the population the front line. High-level officials followed up with orders to “round up everyone who should be rounded up,” “wipe them out completely … destroy them root and branch,” and “break their lineage, break their roots, break their connections, and break their origins.” Officials described Uyghurs with dehumanizing terms and repeatedly likened the mass internment of Uyghurs to “eradicating tumors.”
Comprehensive State policy, pattern of conduct and repeated destructive acts [by the Chinese Communist government included]:
- Government-Mandated Homestays
- Mass Internment
- Mass Birth-Prevention Strategy
- Forcible Transfer of Uyghur Children to State-run Facilities
- Eradication of Uyghur identity, community, and domestic life
- Selective Targeting of Intellectuals and Community Leaders
While commission of any one of the Genocide Convention’s enumerated acts with the requisite intent can sustain a finding of genocide, the evidence presented in this report supports a finding of genocide against the Uyghurs in breach of each and every act prohibited in Article II (a) through (e) [of the Convention].
A very damning 55-page report – especially the details! Of course, the ChiComs’ government-controlled media are going all out to deflect and obfuscate (in other words, to blatantly lie) about the genocidal actions in Xinjiang, as noted in this Global Times propaganda piece:
[The determination by the US] that China committed genocide in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region … is absolutely unacceptable to China. The US has only made general remarks so far, and the new administration has yet to form a formal policy toward Xinjiang. What is certain is that China will firmly resist and counter any so-called sanctions imposed by the US.
The US is good at hyping the disguised label of “Xinjiang genocide.” Especially before the Beijing Winter Olympic Games, the public opinion of the Five Eyes alliance and the US Congress work together, with some officials playing a role, their public opinion could easily reach the desired heat. China must be prepared for a long battle.
The need to strengthen governance in Xinjiang is very practical, and the actual effects it has produced are beneficial. These outstanding facts are beyond doubt, and they are very solid in moral foundation.
The violent and terror activities in Xinjiang a few years ago went almost out of control. Should it be stopped with strong measures? China’s results-oriented Xinjiang governance has achieved the goal of peace and stability, and Xinjiang hasn’t reported terror attacks for several years.
Were you able to decipher all of that gibberish?
- It’s “unacceptable” to China that the US (and others) have determined that China committed genocide against the Uygurs. Facts apparently don’t matter. Only ChiCom sensitivities.
- China will “firmly resist” and “counter” any “so-called” sanctions. Damn straight there will be sanctions, pals! Go ahead and “resist” all you want. Yours is an export economy; good luck in countering US sanctions.
- The genocide is a “disguised label.” What the heck does that mean? Genocide is genocide, and there’s no need to “hype” it, as facts matter in the real non-Communist world.
- China Daily signals that the ChiComs are clearly worried about the possibility of boycotts by various nations of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games in response to the Uygur genocide. This is perhaps their main concern – the loss of prestige in a boycotted or canceled Games.
- “Strengthening governance” in Xinjiang has produced “beneficial results.” Oh, is that so? Not beneficial for the Uygurs according to the report linked above! And “strengthening governance” is a typical Communist euphemism that, in this case, camouflages the reality of genocide.
- China Daily further claims that those “beneficial results” have a “moral foundation”? In what universe is genocide “moral”? Insanity.
- China Daily then obfuscates the genocide by claiming the measures taken in Xinjiang to have been a crackdown on “violent and terror activities.” Uyghur resistance to ChiCom reeducation camps and attempts to wipe out their culture hardly equates to “terror activities.” That is reality turned inside-out.
- Lastly, Xinjiang supposedly hasn’t reported any “terrorist activities” for several years. Well, of course, there haven’t been such reports. They were trumped up, to begin with, and besides, the genocide mission has been accomplished. Right, President Xi? Over a million Uygurs were “detained” in 380 detention camps, as reported by the BBC.
Conclusion. No sale, China Daily (and the rest of the state-run ChiCom media)! The hard facts in that Newlines Institute for Strategy and Policy report cannot be wished away by a few platitudes and ridiculous excuses. It is up to the world to hold the ChiComs accountable for the Uygur genocide, and a complete boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics would be a great start. Then we can move on to ChiCom indemnification of the rest of the world for the ChiCom virus that originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology….