Elizabeth Warren keeps making ridiculous statements, this time accusing the Trump Administration of being “corrupt” and announcing that, if elected, she would direct a DoJ team to make a sweeping investigation of that corruption:
Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren will create a Justice Department task force if elected president to investigate alleged corruption during the Trump administration….
“Donald Trump has run the most corrupt administration in history,” Warren asserted in the plan, entitled “Restoring Integrity and Competence to Government after Trump.”
“I will direct the Justice Department to establish a task force to investigate violations by Trump administration officials of federal bribery laws, insider trading laws, and other anti-corruption and public integrity laws, and give that task force independent authority to pursue any substantiated criminal and civil violations.”
She’s kidding, right? She reminds me of the House Democrat impeachment managers — making unsubstantiated allegations against President Trump and his administration. The closest she got to making a specific accusation was when she claimed that she would select a Department of Homeland Security secretary “committed to undoing the damage caused by the Trump Administration” on the immigration front. Apparently, she believes that enforcing existing US immigration laws and stopping the flood of illegal aliens into the country is somehow “corrupt.”
The reality is that she is projecting the sins of the Obama Administration onto the Trump Administration. Given what we’ve learned about Obama’s federal agencies over the past three years, one has to ask whether ANY of his federal agencies wasn’t corrupt. Here are just a few examples of corruption in the Obama regime:
- DoE: green loans scandal (Solyndra et al)
- DoL: scrapped union spending transparency laws in order to hide corruption
- DoT: cash for clunkers boondoggle
- HHS: secret deal with pharmaceutical industry to help get Obamacare passed
- DHS: Fast and Furious (includes firing the ATF whistleblower), open borders, illegal enforcement of DREAM Act after it failed to pass Congress
- IRS: IRS-gate (Lois Lerner et al) against conservative organizations such as True the Vote
- Veterans Administration: backlog scandal with numerous preventable deaths and thousands of instances of delayed care
- Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac: slush fund
- DoD: Bergdahl prisoner swap with the Taliban; SEAL Team Six/Extortion 17 shootdown, purge of senior officers
- State Dept: Benghazi, Clinton emails, CFIUS approval of Uranium One deal, paying off Iran to get the JCPOA, Ukrainian foreign aid money laundering
- DoJ: Hillary Clinton email exoneration, New Black Panther voter intimidation case thrown out
- Inspectors general: fired AmeriCorps IG for investigating an Obama ally, 47 of Obama’s 73 inspectors general signed an open letter in 2014 complaining about stonewalling of their investigations
- FBI: FISA abuse, Spygate, missed apprehensions of mass shooters,
- Direct White House involvement: illegal unmaskings, corruption related to Iran, media spying, IRS-gate, Spygate, FISA abuse, perpetuation of Trayvon Martin hoax, multiple cases of obstruction, Illinois US Senate seat for sale
- Regulatory capture (multiple agencies): massive corruption that was expressly egregious during the Obama years as noted here.
The above is just the shortlist; literally hundreds of corrupt acts are detailed with linked references at this website. Be assured that very few Democrats – and certainly not Elizabeth Warren! – have ever reviewed that list.
How about this additional Warren comment about “Trump administration corruption”?
“His vindictive actions as president suggest that he is likely to do everything he can to undermine the next president,” she added.
Does she mean like what Obama did, e.g., the executive order requiring broad sharing of intelligence information across multiple federal agencies in the waning moments of his administration? This rule exacerbated the flood of classified information leaks aimed at torpedoing the Trump administration in 2017-18. The woman is projecting the sins of Obama onto President Trump once again.
Let’s wrap this up with a final lunatic comment from Warren from that Daily Caller article:
Warren also promised that her cabinet will be “at least 50% … filled by women and non-binary people.”
“Non-binary people”? That’s a nod to the multiple gender crowd, i.e., the people who think that they are neither male nor female despite their human anatomy (there are after all only two sexes). In other words, a Democrat presidential candidate supports the perpetuation (if not glorification) of mental disorders and will even reward such people with appointments in her administration if elected. Yes, she is a lunatic.
Going back to her accusation that the Trump administration is the “most corrupt in history,” I am writing that off as just more of her emotional histrionics as her campaign continues to tank. Some enterprising journalist needs to ask her for a detailed list to back up her sweeping allegations.