The WHO Makes Quiet Changes to COVID Report, Demands "Raw Data" From Chinese Officials

(WHO)

Beginning in June of last year, RedState began reporting on scientific and data inconsistencies coming out of China regarding the origins of SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic that has now claimed the lives of over 600,000 Americans. Immediately, the mainstream media and Big Tech began their propagandizing on behalf of the Chinese government, stating that even raising questions into the origins of SARS-CoV-2 was taking part in a racist conspiracy theory. For months, when we published articles mentioning the topic we were threatened with deplatforming if even one word was flagged by “fact-checkers” like Peter Daszak.

Fortunately, Sen. Rand Paul reignited the debate about the origins of SARS-CoV-2 in May when he grilled Dr. Anthony Fauci during a Senate hearing. Within days a group of prominent virologists published a letter stating that the World Health Organization’s “investigation” wasn’t sufficient and that the lab leak theory should be re-investigated. Only then did our benevolent media and tech overlords decide that we could again approach the subject, and they too began looking into the matter to find out exactly what we knew all along:  That the lab-leak theory isn’t just possible, it is probable.

From NPR:

“The head of the World Health Organization acknowledged it was premature to rule out a potential link between the COVID-19 pandemic and a laboratory leak, and he said Thursday he is asking China to be more transparent as scientists search for the origins of the coronavirus.”

You don’t say!?  This article, which was published today, contains statements WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus made yesterday, however doesn’t mention the fact that Ghebreyesus was making similar statements back in May, which we reported here at RedState at the time.  Ghebreyesus found that the report into the origins of COVID-19 was woefully lacking in consideration of the lab-leak theory.  That report, which was in part produced with the help of Dr. Peter Daszak, spent just 4 of the almost 400 pages covering the potential of a lab-leak theory.

Among the issues which have plagued the WHO in the conducting of a thorough investigation is less-than-transparent access the Chinese government has given investigators into the matter.  The entire time the WHO team was in China, they were under strict military escort, lacking any sort of autonomy to conduct a thorough and complete investigation.  In fact, the totality of the data used to analyze the origins was provided to the WHO by the Chinese government.  The WHO team was not given the ability to collect their own data.

“In a rare departure from his usual deference to powerful member countries, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said getting access to raw data had been a challenge for the international team that traveled to China earlier this year to investigate the source of COVID-19.”

Such glaring inconsistencies in the data have even led to random acts of journalism as committed by the folks over at the Washington Post.  Last week they questioned the data regarding the first cases that came out of Wuhan, suggesting those people had not had any contact at the wet market, the alleged source of the virus according to the likes of Daszak and Dr. Shi Zhengli, lead-researcher at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.  As a result of their questions, the WHO has agreed to amend their report suggesting that the virus’s first cases were linked to the market.

From WaPo:

” The World Health Organization said it will fix several “unintended errors” in a joint report with China on the origins of the coronavirus crisis and will look into other possible discrepancies.

In response to questions from The Washington Post, the WHO is changing the virus sequence IDs associated with three of the 13 early patients listed in a chart in the report and will clarify that the first family cluster was not linked to the Huanan seafood market in Wuhan, a spokesman said.

The WHO did not explain why a map in the annexes of the WHO-China joint report appears to show the first case on one side of the Yangtze River, while the Wuhan government had announced last year that the first patient, who fell ill Dec. 8, 2019, lived on the other side of the river, in Wuchang district.”

A spokesman for the WHO later clarified that while the first recorded case had no connection to the wet market, it is likely that the first recorded case is not the first case.

While it is certainly vindicating to see that the story may finally be told, it is frustrating that only certain approved members of the media class are allowed to be the ones who tell it.  Our reporting on this information has been clear and factual from day one.  We have sourced our information to a fault, and now the media is chasing our reporting, acting like this is brand-new, breaking information.

RedState still awaits the release of our FOIA’d information from the NIH.  Stay tuned for the latest on this story as it continues to unfold