There's more information now on the shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday.
According to San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl, three victims were killed during the shooting at the Center.
🚨BREAKING UPDATE: Police say TWO men, 17 and 19 opened fire in San Diego’s largest Islamic Mosque.
— CALL TO ACTIVISM (@CalltoActivism) May 18, 2026
Three victims are dead and police now confirm both shooters are also dead.
Here's the latest 👇 pic.twitter.com/hHF8i829en
READ MORE: Shooting Reported at Islamic Center of San Diego; Threat Neutralized
He said the police arrived within four minutes of the call, and then observed three deceased victims out in front of the Center. They then went looking for the shooter in the mosque and the adjacent school.
Wahl then said there were more calls of more active gunfire nearby. They found out a landscaper had been shot at, but fortunately, he was not hit. Then the police found a vehicle, in which they found the two shooters they believe were involved in this incident. They were both deceased.
Wahl told reporters investigators believe the suspects died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds and said no officers fired their weapons during the incident, though the investigation remains ongoing.
The suspects were reportedly 17 and 19.
The Islamic Center of San Diego describes itself as the largest mosque in San Diego County. The mosque also shares an address with the Lower Campus of Bright Horizon Academy, a private Muslim school serving pre-K through 12th grade students.
Wahl explained that one of the victims was a security guard at the mosque. He said the guard “played a pivotal role” in preventing the attack from being worse. The two other victims killed were staff members, according to Imam Taha Hassane. Wahl also said all the children at the school were safe.
The two suspects in a Monday shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego are dead, according to a police source. The Islamic Center is the largest mosque in San Diego County, according to its website. Aerial TV footage showed more than a dozen children holding hands and being… pic.twitter.com/LB8BAhPNRu
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 18, 2026
The two suspects in a Monday shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego are dead, according to a police source. The Islamic Center is the largest mosque in San Diego County, according to its website. Aerial TV footage showed more than a dozen children holding hands and being walked out of the parking lot of the center that is surrounded by scores of police vehicles.
Authorities said they were still looking into the motive, but they would keep the public advised as the investigation proceeded.
Editor's Note: Do you enjoy RedState's conservative reporting that takes on the radical left and woke media? Support our work so that we can continue to bring you the truth.
Join RedState VIP and use promo code FIGHT to receive 60% off your membership.







Join the conversation as a VIP Member