Biden Says He Told Military to Shoot Down Balloon on Wednesday, They Said to Wait

AP Photo/Patrick Semansky

As we reported earlier, Joe Biden finally got off his duff and decided to take action against the Chinese spy balloon after it had crossed the entire country, near nuclear and other military sites.


The moment came Saturday, off the coast of Myrtle Beach, when the fighter planes took down the balloon.

Of course, this only came after incredible backlash for doing nothing, despite the Biden administration knowing it was there for a week and trying to keep quiet about it. It penetrated our airspace and could have gotten all kinds of information, crossing the whole country–from Alaska, into Canada, then entering the U.S. again at Idaho to the Carolinas.

But Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin claimed that this action showed that they would “always put the safety and security of the American people first,” when responding.


No, it shows that you take forever to respond, an unforgivable weakness to show the Chinese at a time when they’re contemplating invading Taiwan. This was a test and Biden team failed it, big time. I’m worried about what that may mean for future Chinese action.

But let’s listen to what Joe Biden says about the shooting-down of the balloon. Biden claims that he ordered the Pentagon “to shoot it down on Wednesday, as soon as possible,” but the military said let’s wait for the safest place over water to do it.

Then, when a reporter seemed to question that sequence of events a bit or Joe’s claim, he snapped at the reporter, “I told them to shoot it down on Wednesday,” but they told him to wait. Um, does Joe Biden know that he’s in charge of the military, that he can’t be overruled? They aren’t supposed to tell you want to do; you’re the guy who’s supposed to be in charge.


He seems to want credit for the order on Wednesday, although nothing was done about it until Saturday. So, he’s upset that anyone is questioning him because, again, he can never take the blame for anything.

You do want to make sure you can do it in the safest way possible. But that shouldn’t freeze you from acting.

There are a few problems here. First, what about when it entered our airspace near Alaska, on Jan. 28? Where was the response? Where was Joe Biden?

They claimed they didn’t have a “water shot.”

How do they not have a water shot? Or even a shot over unoccupied areas of Alaska? But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t react to a penetration of our airspace, and just let it continue.

Then it went over Canada and returned to the U.S. again, entering Idaho on Jan. 31.

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre claimed Biden was told on Tuesday of this week about the balloon, Jan. 31, so probably when it entered Idaho. Why wasn’t he told on Jan. 28? And then, even accepting Biden’s claim that he ordered a response on Wednesday, that would have been a day after he was told. Why did he wait a day?


Instead, it was allowed to traverse all across the U.S. and then shot down over water–with a big question if they’ll be able to recover any information about what the balloon obtained.

I don’t know about you, but once again, this whole response doesn’t make a lot of sense and is pretty concerning. There are all kinds of problems of transparency, as with so many other things that Biden does. I hope that Congress can demand answers. I said Biden was a danger to national security for his responses, but he just keeps proving it.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos