The Chinese government has to learn to spin a little harder.
They’ve been spinning since the virus hit. But they’re just very horrible liars so it hasn’t gone over well.
But they’re going to have to do better with the latest piece of information.
A senior Chinese government official just confirmed that they had in fact ordered laboratories in January to destroy samples of the virus which they had collected.
This had been one of the accusations out there based on evidence by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and others and this just confirmed the accuracy of the accusation. China had previously issued a blanket denial to the accusations. China silenced doctors and journalists as well as destroying the samples. Pompeo made it clear he had the goods on China when he even named the date they destroyed the samples, Jan. 3.
But the China’s National Health Commission official Liu Dengfeng admitted on Friday that his agency ordered the labs to destroy the samples for safety reasons.
From Daily Caller:
“If the laboratory conditions cannot meet the requirements for the safe preservation of samples, the samples should be destroyed on the spot or transferred to a professional institution for safekeeping,” Dengfend said, according to The Wall Street Journal.
“Based on comprehensive research and expert opinion, we decided to temporarily manage the pathogen causing the pneumonia as Class II — highly pathogenic — and imposed biosafety requirements on sample collection, transport and experimental activities, as well as destroying the samples,” Dengfeng said, according to the South China Morning Post.
So he’s basically asking us to believe that saving the samples, the crucial evidence for telling the origin of the virus, wasn’t able to be kept safely by professionals? So are they saying they’re idiots or criminal? Or just both if they think we buy that explanation.
Join the conversation as a VIP Member