- Jeb Bush: Good night. Very good night. Kicked Donald Trump in the testicles over eminent domain.
- Ben Carson: a little less calm than usual.
- Chris Christie: Went after Rubio pretty effectively, but maybe only significantly if you’re a pundit.
- Ted Cruz: It’s not his best debate.
- John Kasich: He’s been better than usual.
- Marco Rubio: I honestly do not know if his constant repetition of attacks on Obama in the beginning of that debate will hurt him the way that pundits think that it will. And the rest of it was solid.
- Donald Trump: He had a good night, except for the eminent domain question. Which was frankly a chemical dumpster fire for him. [UPDATE: and the final closing statement. Because Iowa ticks Trump off.]
As for the moderators: Mary Katherine Ham was excellent. Especially in the way that she was able to ask questions about abortion in a way that wasn’t Go After The Republican. Martha Raddatz, on the other hand, is a blithering idiot who kept swinging, and missing, at the candidates. Go figure.