As unions like the Teamsters continue to target Amazon, it has become increasingly clear that Unions Need Amazon More Than Amazon Workers Need A Union.
‘It’s not you, it’s us…’
Beyond the RWDSU’s recent debacle trying to unionize thousands of Amazon workers in Bessemer, Alabama, it is becoming increasingly clear that unions need Amazon more than Amazon workers need unions.
In this episode, using a Teamsters’ Proposed Resolution to Organize Amazon, Union Free Radio host and RedState.com contributor Peter List gives context as to why unions are so threatened by Amazon and its union-free status.
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY:
- LISTEN ON ANCHOR.FM
- LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS
- LISTEN ON GOOGLE PLAY
- LISTEN ON RADIO PUBLIC
- LISTEN ON BREAKER.AUDIO
- For prior episodes of Union Free Radio, go here.
Articles cited in this episode, as well as other resources:
- Union Free Radio, Ep. 2: Sorry, Joe, Unions Did NOT Build The Middle Class
- O’Brien-Zuckerman/Teamsters United 2021 – Posts | Facebook
- How to Become a Market Disruptor and Keep Your Business Alive
- Salaries in Alabama | PayScale
- U.S. Amazon Prime users 2022 | Statista
- Amazon Employee Benefits
- Amazon now has more than 1 million employees, after hiring 400,000 workers this year – The Washington Post
- Amazon robber baron Jeff Bezos’ abusive labor practices – Liberation News
- Average Hourly Rate for United Parcel Service (UPS), Inc. Employees
- UPS salaries: How much does UPS pay? | Indeed.com
- Compare Working at UPS vs Amazon | Glassdoor
- Covid relief bill gives $86 billion bailout to failing union pension plans
- Thousands of Teamsters voted against a new UPS contract. It was ratified anyway. Union drivers feel betrayed. – Chicago Tribune
- Amazon to raise pay for 500,000 workers. – The New York Times
- Amazon workers vote down Alabama union campaign – The Verge
- Amazon to spend $1B to boost pay for 500k operations workers by as much as $3 an hour – GeekWire
- The failure to unionize Amazon is the union’s own fault | Opinion