Terrorists Behead Priest, and Severely Injure Nun In Attack During Mass In France

During mass in a Catholic church in Normandy, two Islamic terrorists entered into the church and proceeded to attack a priest, cutting his throat open, and injuring a nun who is fighting for her life.


Authorities report that one of the men had already been jailed before, and had been tagged electronically for attempting to join Syrian terrorists in the past. The men were promptly shot by marksmen as they exited the church.

ISIS has already claimed credit, and said the two men were soldiers of the Islamic State. It turns out this church in particular was a target on a hit list discovered by a captured Daesh operative in April.

French President Hollande gave a statement after the attack, saying ‘We are confronted with a group, Daesh, which has declared war on us. We have to wage war by every means, (but through) upholding the law, which is because we are a democracy.’

The Daily Mail described what happened, as well as a nun who gave her eyewitness account.

She was at the church when the terrorists stormed in, but managed to escape before the clergyman was murdered.

The woman, who wished to remain anonymous when talking to Le Figaro, said: ‘They came suddenly. They took space. They spoke Arabic. I saw a knife.

‘I left when they began to attack Father Jacques. I do not even know if they realised that I was leaving.’

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry in Paris had earlier said that the men had crept into the church via a back entrance during a morning service, soon after 9am. The two men seized the priest, two sisters from a local order, and two parishioners.

‘A third nun escaped and raised the alarm, and anti-terrorists officers were on the scene within minutes,’ said a source who lives locally. ‘It appears that the priest who was celebrating the service was attacked first, and had his throat cut.

‘The area around the church was sealed off, and then armed officers appeared with their weapons. I heard at least a dozen shots.’

The siege officially ended at around 11am, following the shooting of the two attackers.


If anyone doesn’t believe we’re at war with Islam by now – as the French President has already realized – they are deluding themselves. That two men could walk into the middle of mass and kill a priest shows how bold they’ve gotten, and incidents continually pop up almost weekly.


Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Trending on RedState Videos