Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
And you thought that the end of the confirmation hearing was the End??? (week #3, and running) So the confirmation sequel took place – “The Hearing Pt. 2: Electric Boogaloo” and it has only been a mess since then. For weeks it has been how important the testimony of a victim needs to be heard … and ever since all the focus has been on high school beer parties and yearbook notes referring to gang rapes.
In addition, Alyssa Milano lent her support to abused women by showing up at the hearing with her sympathy cleavage, and Matt Damon atoned for his past #MeToo insurrections by making fun of Kavanaugh on Saturday Night Live. In other news (yes, we did find some) Jason Voorhees was in court, and the new TV season began.
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “The Cannonball Run Theme”” — RAY STEVENS
- Ford, Brett, and all the gang got together to discuss what may have happened. And Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse turns into a high school narc!
- As a sign of the Democrats treating the hearings like a circus Alyssa Milano was invited as a guest by Sen. Diane Feinstein, and she was clowning by filming live in the chamber.
- Michael Avenatti, the lawyer who appeared at the Mtv Video Awards, comes up with a new “witness” and she has been shown to be borderline nutso.
- Kanye West doesn’t like Fake People!
Friday The 13th has a significant court ruling, so this should lead to more deaths!
- The New TV season kicked off, and there was some tepid response to a rebooted liberal news show, while Tim Allen found a new home, and a larger audience.
TWITTER MOMENT OF THE WEEK
Brevity is the soul of wit.