Despite the legacy media’s ongoing attempts to convince Americans that “all is well” within the Democrat Party, there are lots of divisions now evident: overt socialists versus crypto-socialists, Establishment versus rank-and-file Democrats (alias “sheep”), the dominant pro-abortion faction versus the few pro-lifers left in the party, the Bernie radicals versus everybody else, wacko feminists inflamed that other Democrats didn’t vote for Fauxcahontas because they are “all sexist,” etc.
Oh, and now we’re seeing more evidence of another major split – the war between the younger and more radicalized Democrat activists and what is rapidly becoming the ancien régime (i.e., the oooold Democrat Establishment who pull the strings in Congress and in the DNC). The ongoing inter-generational war in the Democrat Party may be the most important, as personified by the tension between Speaker Nancy Pelosi and members of The Squad. Let us examine how the Democrats are once again hoisted on their own petards in this battle.
American culture pays excessive homage to youth, vim and vigor – for many reasons. For example, attractive young people make good salesmen in movies and in the myriad of commercials on TV. The progressive Left manifested by the Democrat Party like to exploit young people for political reasons. And the young are easy to use due to a general lack of experience and gullibility, especially when the foundation has been laid by leftist-oriented public education in a secular society seemingly without boundaries or morals.
Since the Left-Democrats want to tear down America and remake it into their idiotic view of a “socialist paradise,” exploiting youth to foment change – whether on campuses across the nation, in the streets (Antifa), or now in Congress (the Squad) – is a very useful political tactic for them. The Democrats conspire to produce generations of unaware, uneducated, and unmotivated people, and they have been successful in doing so beyond their wildest dreams because they expected real resistance to their subversion from conservatives. The Right has failed to effectively resist their efforts and has incrementally succumbed to their politically correct nonsense. The Left-Democrats use youth to drive their political agenda because those young people have no real-life experience and perspective upon which to draw.
Each successive new wave of leftwing policies is advanced by a new fresh-faced set of young people who assure the rest of us that they have the answers to all of our problems. Every Democrat policy position builds on the extremism of past policies and is frequently sold to the rest of us by young spokesmen. And these positions (when you can actually extract them from an elected Democrat or one of their presidential hopefuls) would have been unthinkable – and downright laughable in some cases – a generation ago:
- Partial-birth abortion – and now “post-birth” abortion – have become mainline Democrat political doxology about which no disagreement can be tolerated. We as a society have been convinced by the Left that sex can be safe, that men and women can have sexual freedom to the same degree and in the same way, that sex need not have anything to do with children, and that sex is purely private. And yet the #MeToo movement and rampant pedophilia (e.g., Jeffrey Epstein et al) would seem to indicate that things didn’t work out the way the Left envisioned, and that basic human nature and indeed differing biological imperatives can’t be ignored.
- Was it “enlightenment” or something else that foisted homosexual marriage on an unsuspecting public? And now we are supposed to not just tolerate extremist LGBTQ behavior, but also condone it? With the Left having won that war (for the time being since the social costs of the immoral transformation of American society have yet to be accounted for), the new frontier is transgenderism. And who is pushing that battle? Why, elements of today’s youth, of course.
- “Nationalized medical care” is now a Democrat cause célèbre, again foisted upon the American people by subterfuge (e.g., the lawfare that took out a Republican senator from Alaska that resulted in the 1-vote passage of Obamacare and also the blatant lies told by a sitting US president). And look who makes a great emotional tug-on-the-old-heart-strings on behalf of leftists pushing “universal healthcare”: why those poor young illegal aliens in California, of course! It’s “for the children,” don’t ya know? While we oldsters have heard that “for the children” crap from Democrats many times in the past (especially during the Reagan Administration), to younger people the phrase sounds new and relevant. The leftward movement has been insidious and purposeful since Medicare and Medicaid were first implemented. Bernie’s campaign slogan is “Medicare for All,” and all of the other Democrat Star Wars bar scene members were on board with that in varying degrees, too. All “for the children.”
- Democrat support for illegal immigration has gone off the deep end, too. First came sanctuary city virtue-signaling, then the “family separation” baloney, and now the abolition of ICE. All wrapped around pictures of kids and “families with children who have been separated by the dastardly Drumpf.” Crocodile tears everywhere! And the Democrats persist in their open borders nonsense while concurrently screaming that the Trump administration has no plan to combat the Coronavirus health crisis. One would think that Democrats would demand the southern border be shut down, but once again, Democrat political advantage trumps any actions to increase the safety and security of their own constituents.
- Debt-free college. The Left’s argument used to be debt forgiveness for those who incurred significant college debt, but now it’s “free college for all” thanks to the progressives in the Democrat Party who are, of course, crassly pandering to the youth vote. Never mind that the policy throws personal responsibility and accountability out the window (nobody put a gun to the heads of those who took out the loans). Those people who were responsible in obtaining their own education are now supposed to cover the butts of those who weren’t? Uh, no.
These are just some examples; there are more items that could be added to the list, but you get the idea: the inexorable leftward push on progressive policies invariably involves young people in some way, either as props, dupes, initiators, or propagators.
All of the current leftist activist organizations are populated by young people because they are energetic, highly motivated to “change the world,” and cost less than your garden variety gray-haired seasoned radical. Oh, and they’re naïve, too, and easily persuaded. Here is a list:
1. OFA. Obama’s PAC “Organizing for Action” (formerly Obama for America and, later, Organizing for America) specifically targets young people for membership. They’re working hard to undermine the Trump presidency at every turn. OFA has been deeply involved in gerrymandering actions in various states, as described here.
2. The Young Turks. This is a leftwing American news and commentary program on YouTube that has gained a lot of notoriety by attacking POTUS and other Republicans over the last few years. It started on Sirius radio in 2002, and some of their commentary has since been legitimized by the legacy media. Here’s just the latest example in which the founder, Cenk Uygur, presumes to lecture Democrat voters on how to pick a “proper” presidential candidate. Uygur lost his primary bid to replace Katie Hill in Congress on Super Tuesday, so that’s a silver lining. The Young Turks are Bernie bros, too.
3. Netroots. This progressive group started by the leftwing blog DailyKos consists of a few thousand progressive activists, bloggers, organizers, and strategists who aim to influence Democrat Party politics by advocating progressive policies. Plenty of young people are involved. They meet annually and endorse political candidates. They were big on Fauxcahonas and Ho Harris in the Democrat primary and probably now on board the Bernie train, given their inherent radicalism.
4. Justice Democrats. This is the progressive political PAC founded in 2017 that backed AOC, Tlaib, Pressley, and Omar and other lefties during the 2018 Congressional elections. Its co-founder Kyle Kulinski is 31 years old, and the current executive director Alexandra Rojas is 24! Here’s an article from Politico about their intentions to push the Democrat Party further leftward. These people are Bernie supporters, too.
5. Antifa. These clowns keep making news, especially in the Pacific Northwest. Note that virtually all the pictures of the violent black-masked street radicals are young people. Makes one wonder who their parents are and what their parents’ politics are! Here a recent article that examines Democrat support for Antifa. Virtually no elected Democrats condemn them because Antifa is furthering Democrat political objectives; quite the contrary, as reported here!
6. The Squad. These gals are all the rage lately (a double entendre if there ever was one, as they are filled with it, too!). AOC (29), Omar (37), Tlaib (42), and Pressley (45) are roiling the Democrat Party with their progressive and racist rabble-rousing. Their policy pronouncements and the feuds they pick with their own Democrat House Speaker forced the Democrats to close ranks around the Speaker – great news for Republicans and conservatives since the Squad is so far out of the mainstream as to be ridiculous going into the 2020 elections! Here’s a puff piece on them from CNN (note their leftwing policy positions).
7. Indivisible. The “Indivisible Team” was co-founded by two Millennial leftwing activists, Ezra Levin and Leah Greenberg. They have been raising money for Squad members like AOC and Ayanna Pressley, as well as Progressive primary challengers to more moderate Democrats in this election cycle. They are also targeting Republican senators who voted to acquit President Trump in the Senate impeachment trial. These activists are Bernie bros, too.
8. The Tech Companies. Facebook, Google, Twitter, and many other tech companies were founded and/or run by youngish people, and they’re willfully propagandizing for progressives and Democrats during this election cycle while suppressing conservatives, as reported here:
Several prominent tech companies and their leaders often espouse liberal progressive policies in acts of apparent self-righteousness while simultaneously eschewing the same stances when it comes to their respective conduct in China. Derogatorily referred to as “social justice CEOs,” the activist leaders of four tech giants — Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and Google — regularly capitulate to Beijing’s morally-questionable demands to achieve or ensure unrestricted access to the valuable Chinese market.
The drive and energy in the progressive crowd – which is increasingly taking over the Democrat Party – is largely concentrated among the younger activists as summarized above. The fault line is pretty clear with most of these activists gravitating toward Bernie while the much older Democrat Establishment seeks to hang onto their political power by backing one of their own – the doddering fool, Joe Biden. We’re going to see more evidence of that divide as the Democrat primaries continue and the Bernie bros become increasingly unhinged by the Democrat Establishments’ all-out attack on their Commie tin god. The Establishment has the money and power, but the Bernie bros have all of the passion and enthusiasm. It will be fascinating to watch how the Democrats try to unify the party around whomever they end up nominating in July. Can that even be done?
While I certainly don’t side with the Democrat Establishment on anything, given their fleecing of the country during my entire lifetime, I have greater disdain for their young activists and thus will finish out this article with a diatribe about the young leftwing activists who are trying to turn the country into just another socialist hellhole.
What do these younger activists really know, and why should we blindly accept their arguments? These people lack sufficient understanding of basic economics, fiscal (tax) policy effects on the economy, trade, foreign policy, and even basic human nature. And most of all, they lack any real historical perspective on any of the topics about which they pontificate. They completely disregard the sordid history of socialism, including the 100+ million deaths sustained over the past century. The notion that all it takes is a “fresh face” to somehow show us all the new way to nirvana and the ever-promised “Socialist Utopia” (as the legacy media and other cultural institutions have pushed for years) is patently absurd.
These people would disregard the Constitution, suppress their political opponents like the fascists they truly are, and willfully turn the country upside-down in pursuit of their leftwing political goals and objectives. How can anyone support people who say such as what is expressed in this YouTube video?
That people like the Squad (and other youngish leftwingers) are praised and lauded by the legacy media when they, for example, call the President a racist is nothing short of disgraceful and insulting. There is NO substitute for the common sense that comes with age and experience, and these people certainly don’t have it!
Even the youngish presidents elected over the past 30 years were disasters due to lack of experience and perspective, i.e., Clinton and Obama. The two most effective presidents in my lifetime were old guys: Ronald Reagan and the current occupant of the Oval Office!
When I was 30, I thought I had all the answers. What a dumbass I was! In retrospect at 67, I realize I knew literally NOTHING back in those days. I simply didn’t have enough life experience at 30 to justify what I thought about political solutions (to the extent I even considered any). I have learned a LOT between those ages, and that experience and the associated perspective is doubtless similar to your own if you are also a “senior citizen.”
Would you trust your own business to the Millennial or Generation Z kid of your next-door neighbor? That’s what the Left would have us do with Bernie and The Squad running the country, for all intents and purposes. It defies common sense!
Give me age and experience any day of the week as opposed to youth and energy and naiveté! It will be interesting to see how the septuagenarians like Biden, Hillary, and Pelosi handle their upstart leftwing activist children going forward. One thing for sure: the inter-generational war in the Democrat Party is not going to suddenly stop after the November election.
Fortunately for us, that cagey old codger in the Oval Office is helping them destroy each other.