Obama Legacy In Action: 14-Year-Old Girl Raped By Illegal "Child" Immigrants In Sanctuary City

Actions have consequences.

Last spring and summer, unprecedented numbers of unaccompanied child immigrants crossed our southern border. The numbers had swelled the previous autumn but they didn’t compare to 2016:

Unaccompanied minors are crossing the U.S. Southwest border in growing numbers again, sparking concerns that the new influx of children could eventually approach the levels that last year prompted the Obama administration to declare a humanitarian crisis.

In October and November, more than 10,500 children crossed the U.S.-Mexico border by themselves, the vast majority from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, according to U.S. government data analyzed by the Migration Policy Institute, a nonpartisan think tank. That’s a 106 percent increase over the same period last year, reflecting a steady increase that began in March.

The numbers are still far below the peak period last year, when more than 10,600 unaccompanied minors crossed the border just in the month of June, swamping federal resources. And the administration, widely believed to have missed the warning signs before the previous surge, “is certainly a lot more concerned and on top of it than they were two years ago,” said Marc Rosenblum, deputy director of the U.S. immigration policy program at the policy institute.

I use the term “child” advisedly because the unaccompanied “children” were overwhelmingly in their very late teens.

Whether Obama set out to create the problem is irrelevant because his actions in response to the problem encouraged more and more unaccompanied young people to make the dangerous journey from Central America (mostly) to the United States. They weren’t turned back. They were given a ticket and told to report, when called, for an immigration hearing. This is all a set up for what follows:

A 14-year-old girl was pushed into a boys bathroom at Rockville High School on Thursday morning and raped by two other students during school hours, according to Montgomery County District Court records filed Friday.

Police arrested two ninth-graders, Henry E. Sanchez, 18, and Jose O. Montano, 17, who appeared in court Friday and were ordered held without bond.

“I believe that you are a danger,” District Judge Eugene Wolfe told Sanchez.

On Thursday morning, Montano forced the girl, who told police she knew him as a friend, into a bathroom after asking her to have sex with him, which she refused, according to court documents.

Sanchez, a native of Guatemala who arrived in the United States about seven months ago, has a pending “alien removal” case against him, court officials said Friday. “He is a substantial flight risk,” Montgomery County Assistant States Attorney Rebecca MacVittie said in court Friday.

Montano has been in the United States for about eight months, MacVittie said. Details about Sanchez’s removal case, or Montano’s immigration status, couldn’t immediately be learned Friday.

 

Yes, you read that right. You have a 17-and 18-year-old in class with 14-year-olds. Immigration status aside, what could possibly go wrong?

And the details confirm that this was not an interaction that can be colorably described as a “consensual” act that resulted in a misunderstanding:

The unidentified student at Rockville High School in Rockville, Md. was violently raped, sodomized and made to perform oral sex in a campus bathroom stall by the two males, according to court records.

Court records describe the merciless and brutal assault by both Montano and Sanchez, who allegedly raped the young girl multiple times, vaginally, orally and sodomized her, as they spoke to each other in Spanish. Blood and male fluids were recovered from the scene by a forensic expert, court records show.

And there is this nugget:

According to U.S. Department of Homeland Security databases, a Border Patrol agent stopped Sanchez-Milian in August 2016 in Rio Valley Grande, Texas, and determined he’d entered the country illegally from Mexico.

Sanchez-Milian was ordered to appear before an immigration judge, but the hearing had not yet been scheduled.

No information was released on 17-year-old Montano, other than his name, because of privacy restrictions related to him being a minor, an ICE spokesman confirmed.

This morning we discover than both are awaiting deportation hearings. This announcement from Montgomery County, MD, County Executive Ike Leggett, who has allowed the county to become a “sanctuary” of illegals who seems to be trying to blame the ICE — the boldface is in the actual announcement:

Although these individuals had no previous involvement in the County’s criminal justice system, these alleged rapists do have outstanding U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) orders. If convicted, and after serving their sentences, the County — consistent with our longstanding policy — will cooperate fully with ICE to see that the two are deported to their countries of origin.

The reason he is trying to blame ICE is because his statement is a lie, Montgomery County, Maryland, has a longstanding policy of non-cooperation with ICE and featured prominently in the DHS report released yesterday that lists jurisdictions who refuse to cooperate with ICE.

Not all illegal immigrants are actual or potential violent felons. All, however, are breaking the law. What Obama showed was the flip side of the “broken window” theory Rudy Giuliani adopted in New York. Obama let bricks be thrown through the plate glass window of our immigration laws. He not only did nothing, he stood on the sidewalk handing out bricks and cheering the brick-throwers on.