We are all familiar with the antics of Public Policy Polling when they troll GOP voters with bizarre questions
To put some of these findings about real modern day issues and Trump voters in context, 41% of his voters think Japanese internment was a good thing, to 37% who don’t. And 41% of his supporters would favor bombing Agrabah to only 9% who are opposed to doing that. Agrabah is the country from Aladdin. Overall 30% of Republican primary voters say they support bombing it to 13% who are opposed. We asked the same question of Democrats, and 36% of them opposed bombing Agrabah to 19% in support.
Two can play that game. This is the entry by American Enterprise Institute:
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the two most unpopular presidential candidates in modern times. But, as I point out in today’s Washington Post, in a year of bipartisan lows, Hillary Clinton recently reached a new low, when an NBC News poll found that just 11% of Americans say she is honest and trustworthy. By contrast, a 2013 Public Policy Polling survey found that 14% of American voters believe in Bigfoot.
That means more Americans believe that a large, hairy, man-like Sasquatch creature inhabits the forests of North America than believe that Hillary Clinton tells the truth.
They don’t stop there:
So what else do more Americans believe in than Hillary Clinton’s honesty? According to PPP’s survey:
- 28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or “New World Order.”
- 21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947 and the US government covered it up.
- 15% of voters say the government adds secret mind-controlling technology to television broadcast signals.
- 15% of voters think the medical industry and the pharmaceutical industry “invent” new diseases to make money.
- 14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the crack cocaine epidemic in America’s inner cities in the 1980s.
- 13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ (literally, not figuratively).
But wait, there’s more:
That’s not all. In 2009, the Pew poll on religion found 29% of Americans claim to have communed with the dead, and 16% of Americans believe in casting a curse on someone using the “evil eye.” Think about that: according Pew, more Americans believe in the “evil eye” than believe Hillary Clinton is honest and trustworthy.
But there is good news for Hillary
More Americans believe she is honest than believe that:
- Shape-shifting “lizard people” control our world by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate our societies (4%).
- The moon landing was faked (7%).
- Osama bin Laden is still alive (6%).
- The government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons (9%).
- Paul McCartney actually died in 1966 (5%).
- The exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons (5%).
The next time someone tells you Hillary Clinton is honest you know you are looking at 9/11 Truther who believes in shape shifting lizards. Keep that in mind and your conversation will be more interesting an productive.