Atlantic Hit Piece on Trump Continues to Crumple After U.S. Ambassador With Firsthand Knowledge Weighs In

(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

—-

As we’ve previously reported, the Atlantic’s much-touted anonymously sourced story from last week on how President Trump allegedly canceled a planned 2018 trip to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris because he supposedly believed the American war dead buried in the cemetery were “losers” and “suckers” has crumpled faster than a cheap suit thanks to sources who are willing to go on the record to counter the claims.

Shipwreckedcrew wrote earlier about how former National Security Adviser John Bolton – who was in the room where the disputed discussion about the trip took place – has flatly denied the story, which is pretty significant considering there is no love lost between Trump and Bolton.

In another blow to Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg’s hit piece on Trump, U.S. Ambassador to France Jamie McCourt is also denying the story’s most sensational claims. Like Bolton, McCourt was there during the discussion as to whether or not the visit would and should take place considering the weather issues at the time:

“Needless to say, I never spoke to the Atlantic, and I can’t imagine who would,” McCourt told Breitbart News. “In my presence, POTUS has NEVER denigrated any member of the U.S. military or anyone in service to our country. And he certainly did not that day, either. Let me add, he was devastated to not be able to go to the cemetery at Belleau Wood. In fact, the next day, he attended and spoke at the ceremony in Suresnes in the pouring rain.”

McCourt’s denial is in addition to former WH deputy chief of staff Zach Fuentes, who also went on the record to claim the story is not true:

McCourt’s denial regarding the Atlantic comes after former White House deputy chief of staff Zach Fuentes, a top confidante of former chief of staff John Kelly, denied the story earlier on Monday in an exclusive statement to Breitbart News.

[…]

While Kelly himself has not said anything publicly at this stage, Fuentes’s denial essentially serves as a denial from Kelly. That’s because Fuentes, in his denial, made clear that Kelly would not have stood idly by if Trump had, in fact, made the remarks that were alleged in the Atlantic story.

“Honestly, do you think General Kelly would have stood by and let ANYONE call fallen Marines losers?” Fuentes asked Breitbart News.

Former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders, who was also there for the discussion, tweeted last Thursday that the story was “total BS.” Hogan Gidley, who is the Trump campaign’s national press secretary, tweeted that he, too, was at the meeting and called the claims made in the Atlantic piece “horrible lies.”

To date, none of the anonymous sources used as the basis for Goldberg’s piece have stepped forward to defend their allegations. Goldberg has defended his anonymous sources and their decision to not go public, claiming they feared “Twitter mobs” as well as for their personal safety.

Related –>> Gold Star Husband’s Powerful Story of His Meeting With Trump: He Absolutely Respects Our Service