Déjà Vu? With the poisonous PRO Act stalled in the U.S. Senate, the White House and union bosses appear to be turning to ‘Plan B’ and preparing a ‘slew’ of executive actions to help unions.
After passing in the U.S. House of Representatives in February, the unions’ holy grail – the Protecting the Right to Organize Act (aka the PRO Act) – appears to be dying a slow death in the U.S. Senate.
Just as it happened 10 years ago when the hallucinogenically-named Employee Free Choice Act died in the Senate, the unions had a backup plan (“Plan B”).
In this episode of Union Free Radio, host Peter List explains where the PRO Act sits in Washington right now, how it’s being held up, as well as the unions’ “Plan B” and the ramifications on business owners, human resources, as well as the 59 million independent contractors in the U.S.
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY:
- LISTEN ON ANCHOR.FM
- LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS
- LISTEN ON GOOGLE PLAY
- LISTEN ON RADIO PUBLIC
- LISTEN ON BREAKER.AUDIO
Links to Articles referenced in this episode of Union Free Radio:
- Opinion: Backers of Employee Free Choice Act turn to Plan B – mlive.com
- Sen. Mark Warner gets cakes urging him to support the PRO Act – The Washington Post
- Police Investigating Graffiti On GOP Rep’s Home Telling Her ‘F*** You’ And ‘Pass The Pro Act’
- Punching In: Biden Union Task Force Plots Executive Actions (2)
- FACT SHEET: Executive Order Establishing the White House Task Force on Worker Organizing and Empowerment | The White House
- White House Labor Task Force Readies Executive Actions | HR Policy Association
- Hourly Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors Increases to $15.00 Starting January 30, 2022 | JDSupra
- Sen. Mark Kelly Is Emerging as an Obstacle to the PRO Act
- Go big or go home. Fresh out of our nationwide May Day actions and 750k calls, DSA is setting 1 million calls as its next big goal. Help us organize working class voters to build working class power | DSA On Twitter
- The PRO Act: Federal legislation that will upend America’s labor laws | State Policy Network
- Krystal Ball: Why the PRO Act will Make or Break the Biden Presidency – YouTube
- New NLRB Chair Gives Roadmap for Possible Actions Under Biden
- PRO Act-Pushing AFL-CIO Accused Of Bad-Faith Bargaining By Staff Union