Promoted from the diaries by streiff. Promotion does not imply endorsement.
As the Democratic presidential candidates all line up to tell us how horrible
we other people are for using fossil fuels, NBC News has been trying everything they can to push the meme. Now you can even confess your global warming climate change sins, online!
Even those who care deeply about the planet’s future can slip up now and then. Tell us: Where do you fall short in preventing climate change? Do you blast the A/C? Throw out half your lunch? Grill a steak every week? Share your anonymous confession with NBC News.
Here are a few of them:
- I run my AC 24/7. I’m not going to sweat to appease this climate religion
- I travel often to conferences (flying). I think about the emissions + try to justify it with, “the plane is going there anyway.”
- I drive 80 miles to and from work everyday.
- I eat meat every day. And won’t stop, because it’s good.
- k-cups!!!! They are just to easy to use. I do use a reusable mug, however.
- I loathe public transport! But I drive a very small, efficient car!
- I drive my gas powered car to work every day by myself. My commute is less than 4 miles, and public transportation is available.
It’s actually pretty funny, as the ‘confessions’ seem to have been taken over by those engaged in mockery. I went ahead and added my confession:
- I vote Republican! On election day, I will proudly vote for Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell.
That, of course, is the greatest climate sin of all!
Now, there are things I do to conserve, not due to
global warming climate change, but just to save money. We have the room, so I erected a clothesline solar and wind powered clothes dryer, which I use when the weather is good. Why? Because my wife thinks that our clothes and bedding smell better when dried on the line. I don’t run the air conditioner when my wife isn’t home, because the heat doesn’t bother me.
At any rate, have fun, and hit up the NBC site, to confess your climate sins! Mock them all that you can!