Welcome back to another installment of the Watercooler, RedState’s daily Open Thread! Today, we’ve got…
The Plot Sickens: More on the Toronto Shooting – possible “9-11 v2.0” averted?
This little story was forwarded to me by a friend Up North who’s been helping me with a little research project… seems Turdeau (hey, they call him that up there, why can’t I?) would rather make war on gunowners than real terrorists. Turns out, the scumbag behind the Toronto mass-shooting (and I really had to think long and hard before running this, it hits close to home because it went down in my beloved’s old neighborhood) and his busted scumbag buddy had not only 31 identical late-model Glocks, but 42 kilograms of Carfentanil. At 42 keys… well, the entire annual output of the US is only 19 grams, and one-tenth of a gram will kill an elephant. So this stuff in those quantities isn’t Possession with Intent to Distribute of mere “recreational” narcotics like its cousin fentanyl–a very weak solution of this stuff killed TWO HUNDRED in that Moscow theater attack. This much of the stuff in one place? Especially in tandem with one Active Shooter and the gear to supply a whole team of murder-suicide jihadi whackjobs? This reeks of Weapon of Mass Destruction–more piscine odor here than Fisherman’s Wharf and Pike Place Market combined, folks… check out the reporting at https://canadafreepress.com/article/did-we-just-dodge-9-11-2.0
This Week In History
- Sunday, 7/29: Deane reports success in French alliance, 1776; Korean armistice, 1953; Nixon impeachment referral, 1974
- Monday, 7/30: French Navy contacts Continental forces, 1778; NASA created, 1958; USS Forrestal fire, 1967
- Tuesday, 7/31: First legislative assembly in America, 1619; USS Indianapolis sunk, 1945; Medicare signed, 1965
- Wednesday, 8/1: Speedwell sails to join Mayflower pilgrims, 1620; Lafayette commisioned as (unpaid) Major General, 1777; Hoffa ghosts, 1975
- Thursday, 8/2: Declaration of Independence signed, 1776; first SFO cable car enters service, 1873; PT-109 rammed and sunk, 1943
- Friday, 8/3: First known letter from North America, 1527; Treaty of Greenville ends Northwest Indian War, 1795; Tandy introduces TRS-80 PC, 1977
- Saturday, 8/4: Revenue Cutters (now USCG) established, 1790; Custer’s first skirmish in Indian Wars, 1873; Tonkin Gulf Incident, 1964
Today’s Birthdays: Soldier-explorer William Clark, 1770; National Anthem writer Francis Scott Key, 1779; authors Herman Melville, 1819, and J.K. Rowling, 1965
Holidays Around the World: Lebanon and China both observe Armed Forces Day. Various former British holdings commemorate today’s anniversary of the 1833 Slavery Abolition Act. It’s also Azerbaijani Language and Alphabet Day in Azerbaijan. Switzerland and Benin celebrate their National Days. Happy Statehood Day, Colorado!
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for a Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS pistol with red-dot sight: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for a Savage MSR15 .224 Valkyrie rifle, Kahr Snapshot .22LR rimfire rifle or Mossberg 590M Heat Shield shotgun: http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a Beretta M9A3 or APX pistol: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- GrabAGun, for a Kimber K6S stainless .357 snubby: http://grabagun.com/giveaway
- Springfield Armory, for one of 25 XDs Mod.2 9mm pistol-and-accessories packages: https://www.springfield-armory.com/giveaways/
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry. Aero Precision and Primary Arms giveaways give me one entry each per person who uses my referral link.
Public Service Announcement for “Sanctuary State” Residents
If you would like to report illegal aliens, please call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423). They will need to know names, locations (either work place or residence) and any other specific information you can provide. Visit http://www.ice.gov for more information.
Quote of the Day
Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.
–Johann K. Lavater
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. And as so eloquently coined by ntrepid, “Thanks for the click! Your effort helps fund future posts of this nature.”
Copyright Diamondback, 2018; publication license granted exclusively to RedState. If you’re reading this anywhere BUT RedState, you are seeing STOLEN PROPERTY. Opinions expressed in the preceding piece are solely those of the author and in no way reflect on those of the staff, advertisers, management or owners of RedState, Townhall Media or Salem Communications.
Tip Jar – If you like what you read here, please consider hitting one of these and further funding my modest little effort. Thanks! 🙂
- 1-800-Guns And Ammo: http://i.refs.cc/ov8iWvDx?u=1522834489762 – You get 5% off your first order, I get 75 Rewards Points. (~$7.50 store credit)
- Dvor: https://www.dvor.com/s/8l190b – I get $10 in store credit after your first order ships.
- Star Citizen computer game: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-JRY4-Z754 – You get 5000 credits for the in-game store, and if you buy a $40 game package I get a Recruitment Point toward some cool stuff. (Next goal: 5 more RP’s to a free ship.)