#NeverTrumpNeverHillary #NotInMYNameWelcome back to another installment of the Watercooler, RedState’s daily Open Thread! Today, we’ve got…
Clinton Circle of Coincidental Death Growing Again
Anybody ever notice the strange number of people connected to the Clintons who buy the arm under mysterious circumstances? This could shed some light on why her operatives are so willing to fall on the swords for her–maybe that liabilities get “disposed of”? With the casualties among Dems this year, one could be forgiven for wondering if she had decided to get the band back together on a private Murder Inc… not just Seth Rich, but Sanders-ista and fraud-suit participant Shawn Lucas and former UN General Assembly President John Ashe. Not to mention Tim Kaine aide Joe Montano and longtime thorn-in-side author Victor Thorn…
“What is comes down to is this: how many other politicians have you heard of who have had so many mysterious deaths associated with them? You don’t hear of a Bush body count — not even an Obama body count. Snopes, the left-leaning internet myth debunker, labels the Clinton body count as false. However, the main site that hosts a list of the Clinton body count reports that is constantly under attack by hackers of Hillary’s.”
Odds and Ends
- Seems Seahawks cornerback Ricard Sherman really likes his chicken wings. So much he’s going into business selling ’em.
- Pro tip for aspiring tavern owners: Don’t buy a site next to railroad tracks. And if youi do, for the love of God don’t call your placed “Derailed”… it’s just asking for trouble.
- One bright spot for Nazi Jersey: At least you can still have your cuppa Joe on the road… for now, at least.
- A Wisconsin man loses his leg in a boating accident… the local beavers help find it.
- Heartwarming… Italian Coast Guard ship returning from a patrol encounters a drowning fuzzball. And it gets not just a rescue, but a home in their Marsala office. Brave sailor, facing Cat Breath to give CPR…
This Week In History
- Sunday, Aug 7: Purple Heart established, 1782; Battle of Guadalcanal begins, 1942; Heyerdahl’s Kon-Tiki completes first voyage, 1947; Tonkin Gulf Resolution, 1964
- Monday, Aug 8: Edison patents mimeograph, 1876; Wrights’ first public flight, 1908; “Magnesium Overcast” as first B-36 Peacemaker flies, 1946; Nixon resigns, 1974
- Tuesday, Aug 9: Thoreau’s Walden published, 1854; Betty Boop’s debut, 1930; bombing of Nagasaki, 1945
- Wednesday, Aug 10: Missouri becomes 24th state, 1821; Guam cleared of Japanese troops, 1944; groundbreaking on St. Lawrence Seaway, 1954
- Thursday, Aug 11: Fall of Mayaguez, 1898; Ruth’s 500th homer, 1929; Hedy Lamarr patents frequency-hopping, foundation of all modern wireless communications, 1942
- Friday, Aug 12: Singer patents sewing machine, 1851; ends of Spanish-American War and Hawaiian Republic, 1898; IBM PC debuts, 1981; discovery of Sue, largest near-complete T. rex, 1990
- Saturday, Aug 13: Penobscot Expedition wiped out by Royal Navy, 1779; Manhattan Project commenced and Bambi released, 1942; South Park debuts, 1997
Today’s Birthdays: Herbert Hoover, 1874; Monopoly creator Charles Darrow, 1889; actor and sausage entrepreneur Jimmy Dean, 1928; actress Angie Harmon, 1972
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- American Handgunner magazine, for a Sig-Sauer SIG716 DMR G2 precision rifle package, a Heritage Rough Rider revolver or HK VP40 pistol: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- Guns Magazine, for a Rock Island Armory .22TCM 1911 pistol package: http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a Beretta A350 Xtreama 12-gauge shotgun or Beretta Pico .380 pocket-pistol: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
Additionally, there’s a deal to report and an apology in order. Until August 15 Gun Digest is running a 65%-off sale on most of their digital publications, including the major writings of Massad Ayoob. And the apology: I pounced on referring a “deal” found through Slickguns to y’all, without exercising due diligence–that particular vendor has a reputation in most gun circles comparable to Voldemort in the Harry Potter-verse due to skeevy business practices, sloppy shipping/tracking updates etc.
Quote of the Day
Like most of you here, if I said what I really thought, I’d have to ban myself!–Northwest Firearms forum moderator “Spray-n-pray”
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. And a request… What would you like to see more of? What would you like to see less of? The Watercooler is your Open Thread… I’m just the guy the mods were crazy enough to toss the keys to the bus one day a week, so tell me where we’re going.